Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eaguirre Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2009, 11:14 AM
    How Much to Charge for a Paint Job
    I need to know how much to charge for a painting job. The project consist of a ground floor parking. The square feet is 12,450. Please let me know as soon as possible.

How much to charge for a project that consist of painting a 12,450 square feet garage.

Thank you,

Eaguirre
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2009, 01:01 PM
    Hi, eaguirre!

I just merged your two posts together, titled your question that you had placed on the thread of someone else and moved it to a thread of its' own so that it will be recognized as being your own question. This place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does. New questions that aren't in some way an answer or response to the very first question at the top of a page need to be asked by starting a new thread.

Concerning your question. We need to know some additional things from you before advising you the best.

1. Is this both and interior and exterior job?

2. What is (are) the composition(s) of the surface areas that will be painted? Wood, concrete blocks, metal, plastic, other?

3. In what manner or manners will the paint be applied - by roller, spray, brush, pads or combinations of those?

4. Is there any surface preparation that needs to be done, like scraping, filling of holes, priming, etc.

5. Will you need to be moving any objects out of the way yourself and also do extensive taping-off of areas?

6. Will you be applying one or two coats of paint?

7. Will you be purchasing the paint, or will the customer be supplying it?

8. Have you had much experience painting in the past working for others in order to make a profit for yourself, please?

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 15, 2009, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, eaguirre!

I just merged your two posts together, titled your question that you had placed on the thread of someone else and moved it to a thread of its' own so that it will be recognized as being your own question. This place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does. New questions that aren't in some way an answer or response to the very first question at the top of a page need to be asked by starting a new thread.

Concerning your question. We need to know some additional things from you before advising you the best.

1. Is this both and interior and exterior job?

2. What is (are) the composition(s) of the surface areas that will be painted? Wood, concrete blocks, metal, plastic, other?

3. In what manner or manners will the paint be applied - by roller, spray, brush, pads or combinations of those?

4. Is there any surface preparation that needs to be done, like scraping, filling of holes, priming, etc.

5. Will you need to be moving any objects out of the way yourself and also do extensive taping-off of areas?

6. Will you be applying one or two coats of paint?

7. Will you be purchasing the paint, or will the customer be supplying it?

8. Have you had much experience painting in the past working for others in order to make a profit for yourself, please?

Thanks!

Good questions Clough, very thorough.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2009, 08:50 PM
    Thanks, Stringer!
    Business Expert

Sep 15, 2009, 09:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Thanks, Stringer!!
    You're welcome, I only speak the truth. :)
    jahovio Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 05:20 PM

Clough you always answer a question with a question why is that
    Business Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jahovio View Post
    clough you always answer a question with a question why is that
    Because usually the OP when requesting an answer does not give enough information to be able to answer properly. To receive a qualified answer the question has to be detailed and thorough to at least get started. Instead of; "I want to start a business.....how?"

Usually not a lot of thought is given when asking... so Clough and myself find ourselves digging for possibly enough information to at least begin the answer. And good answers are what people expect... right?

Clough may have more to add and certainly you addressed this to him, I needed to add my 2 cents...

Stringer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jahovio View Post
    clough you always answer a question with a question why is that

And why do you care and how do you really know with only 4 posts to your total. And to be honest if you can't tell, I wonder why

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much should I charge to paint (no trim) per room? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm painting my aunt's house. She wants to pay per square foot opposed to hourly. So I have the skills but zero business sense. I've never worked for myself besides favors and small T&M jobs. I'm not interested in starting my own business so any advice would help. This is cut and roll. Nail pops....

How Much to Charge to Paint Interior Trim [ 2 Answers ]

How much do I charge to paint interior trim? How much a liner foot for the labor of painting trim? How much to charge for labor to paint interior trim

I am a girl and have to figure out what paint and how to paint my barn? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so now that I have your attention.. I have a very old existing barn with not much paint on it. Who knows when and with what type of paint was used it is so weathered. I think I can just paint over it. In its condition I would have to sand it. The paint is not flaking it is just very weathered...

What prep work is needed to change from oilbase paint to waterbase paint? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything I need to do to prep my kitchen from oilbase paint to water base paint ?

View more questions Search