Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    narayanancdm Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 11:22 PM
    Cursor not moving
    Hi friends...

When I log on to desktop the mouse doesn't move (PS/2).

I thought it might have the problem with the port, then I connect the mouse through the USB coverter where continuously moving the mouse works good...

When I stopped moving the cursor or anything from mouse, it STOPS WORKING.

Then I've to disconnect the usb and connect after short time..

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks... :(
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2009, 12:14 AM

So it stops working in the ps2 port as well as when connected with the converter?

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup.

Do you have another mouse you can try?

See if you can borrow/use a usb mouse without having to use a converter if you can or possibly try another ps2 mouse.

Just trying to eliminate the current mouse as the possible issue.

Sep 16, 2009, 05:24 AM
    Thanks for the reply...

I'll try and let you know...

Sep 16, 2009, 11:40 PM

Hi

I tried with a different mouse which has PS/2...

It just works fine...

BTW
    Thanks...
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 11:54 PM

Glad got it worked out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cursor clicks off. [ 6 Answers ]

I have a G4 and use safari for most of my internet usage however I seem to have a recurring problem with my mouse. I can be typing or spending time on one page and after a few seconds my cursor has disappeared and I have to re-click the page to bring the cursor back - this is extremely annoying. ...

Cursor freeze up [ 2 Answers ]

My cursor has started freezing up. I have to unplug my mouse and plug it back in before the cursor will move again. This is getting really irritating. What can I do to fix this? I refuse to go into the registry as I have been told by a friend, as I don't know anything about it. I know you can mess...

Cursor skips around [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba satellite laptop. Whenever I try to write an e-mail (regardless of the account I use) the cursor randomly jumps to a previous part of the page. Is there a bug or a virus causing this?:(

Cursor trouble [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mouse (Logitech Trackman Marble FX) that frequently becomes either frozen, or moves on its own accord- often drifting into a corner and stays there. Re-booting sometimes helps. Any idea what the cause/fix might be?

Computer Cursor [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to lock and unlock a arrow cursor? I like to spin gambling wheels. I have a extension Cable on my cursor cable so I can sit on my couch and spin the wheels.

View more questions Search