Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1antoinette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 05:32 PM
    How do I start a cleaning business
    I just finished custodial training school and I want to start my own small business. I don't have the money or the machines YET. I want to get a grant to start this business but I don't know where to get that either. Can any one help me . I don't know where to start first. Thanks in advance.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2009, 05:37 PM
    Hi, 1antoinette!

Are you wanting to to residential, commercial, both, or even other types of cleaning of places?

Thanks!
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2009, 05:38 PM
    Can't Stringer help her out with this? Isn't this what he does?
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2009, 05:50 PM
    Hi, 88sunflower!

It's something in which I'm really interested. I also was a custodian at a couple of places for a number of years. I would like to get back into that kind of work as one of my own businesses. Stringer and I are also planning to start a really large thread about starting these types of businesses that will be a Sticky.

Stringer and I frequenly collaborate on threads about things like cleaning and janitorial businesses and businesses in general. I normally do call him into the threads, or he calls me into them. We both have expertise in particular ways for businesses that compliment each other.

Depending on how 1antoinette answers my questions, we'll know in which direction this thread needs to and could be developed.

Thanks!
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2009, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, 88sunflower!

It's something in which I'm really interested. I also was a custodian at a couple of places for a number of years. I would like to get back into that kind of work as one of my own businesses. Stringer and I are also planning to start a really large thread about starting these types of businesses that will be a Sticky.

Stringer and I frequenly collaborate on threads about things like cleaning and janitorial businesses and businesses in general. I normally do call him into the threads, or he calls me into them. We both have expertise in particular ways for businesses that compliment each other.

Depending on how 1antoinette answers my questions, we'll know in which direction this thread needs to and could be developed.

Thanks!
    She came to the right spot. I hope you can help her out. Good luck!
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2009, 05:59 PM
    Thank you!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 14, 2009, 07:53 PM
    Hi, 88sunflower!

Thanks!
    My ears were 'burning'. :)

HI 1antoinette,

My first question is; what type of custodian class did you take and who sponsored it?

Stringer
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2009, 12:11 AM
    I was hoping that you would come along here, Stringer!

I've never heard of a "custodial training school". Have you?

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 15, 2009, 04:48 AM
    I was hoping that you would come along here, Stringer!

I've never heard of a "custodial training school". Have you?

Thanks!
    Good morning Clough,

No not really. Some companies will set their own 'training classes' and offer 'graduation.' And some supply and equipment distributors obviously have training classes, Amsan is a large nationwide distributor that offers these classes.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Start a Cleaning Business? [ 5 Answers ]

I want to know how to start up a cleaning business.

How do I start my own cleaning business? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am Tracie Ledford and I am new to this site. I read your answer and was amazed at the info I got from you. I live in Georgia, I have 15 years experience in the cleaning field. I have cleaned schools for 13 years with the county,church for 5 years,medium size office, and in a college.I can do...

Wanting to start a cleaning business [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I'd like to start a home based cleaning business, but I need a license to do this. How do I obtain one? Is there a site that I can visit to get one? Thanks!

How to start a cleaning business in Orlando [ 2 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can help with details on how to do this type of business in Orlandp, FL. First I was told to register a Company. Is that the same as liscening the company. Please forgive my ignorance but I am very new this. An opportunity presented itself and I have to act very quickly. ...

Where do I start from here in cleaning business? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and partner decided to start an office cleaning business. We already have two potential customers that will pay monthly. How do we get a licese or what kind do we need, and just basically what do we need to do? We already decided that when they pay us of course we take out money for taxes and...

View more questions Search