Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lyne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 11:57 PM
    To Stop the daily Pain
    What excercises for the foot can an adult do who has CONTRACTURES OF the ankle or foot JOINTS due to being sick by polio as an infant?
    Wiglet Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2007, 05:25 PM
    I know this is an old post Lyne and I hope you will come back here because I hope I might be able to offer some help or maybe you have gone away and have managed to seek your own help?

I have spina bifida and a related condition called occult spinal dysrathism this has led to spasticity in my right leg. I've found going to a heated pool regularly and I mean very heated! Walking in the pool is the best exercise and stretching my ankle by bending the good leg and straightening the bad one and leaning against the wall. In the water the pain is much less.

Another exercise for out of water and very simple too is to take a towel and it has to be a big one. Hold the two ends and loop it around your foot and pull it up. That will give your ankle a good stretch.

Acupuncture is also a very good tool as is massage but these I appreciate are costly. Of course if you have a willing volunteer to massage your feet/legs then that's different.

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1040 or 1040NR (TN daily commuter) [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am a canadian citizen daily commuting to Buffalo, NY on a TN visa for past 5years and filing 1040NR as married filing separately. I also declare my income and get the foreign tax credit in Canada. I have been told by an accountant that I could file IRS form 1040 and choose Married...

In pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a hernia repair and a gauze was inserted surgeon has damaged nerve in leg and groin, shooting pains in leg like a needle inside this was last may.can it b cured?and if so how?they keep giving me pills to take help please

Daily duties [ 2 Answers ]

What does your occupation require of you on a daily basis?

Pain: [ 5 Answers ]

What has God done to deal with the evil and pain of the world? HANK :(

Blower does not stop? [ 4 Answers ]

I went on vacation for 10 days. Before I left, I turned off my unit from the termostat, letf the unit on OFF and fan on Automatic. Also turned off the pilot on my gas water heater. When I got back, the blower which is part of the furnace was running! who knows for how long. The house was at 90...

View more questions Search