Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweetstrawberry Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 10:58 PM
    80's dog cartoon movie involving portals to other dimensions
    PLEASE HELP!!

I've been brain dead trying to get the name of the movie. I remember the beginning of the movie where two dogs who can talk are trapped in this demension in a snow storm and a snow creature is after them. They then sense either them or the key that there is a portal door and they pull out the key place it in mid air and a door appears and they are transported to earth. There they are captured and disguise them as regualr puppies in a pound, where a boy adopts them. He later realizes the dog can talk and at the end I think they are captured and later escape thus flying on a carpet or raft. I don't know the name of the movie and want to see it again.

PLEASE HELP ANYONE HELP ON THIS... I think it was an 80's movie..
    mom2alexis Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2006, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstrawberry
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

I've been brain dead trying to get the name of the movie. I remember the beginning of the movie where two dogs who can talk are trapped in this demension in a snow storm and a snow creature is after them. They then sense either them or the key that there is a portal door and they pull out the key place it in mid air and a door appears and they are transported to earth. There they are captured and disguise them as regualr puppies in a pound, where a boy adopts them. He later realizes the dog can talk and at the end I think they are captured and later escape thus flying on a carpet or raft. I don't know the name of the movie and want to see it again.

DISNEY'S FLUPPY DOGS: Disney's Fluppy Dogs was a one hour TV special which aired November 27, 1986, and was intended to be a pilot for the 3rd Walt Disney Television animated series. It featured six pastel-colored talking dogs which came through an interdimensional doorway into the lives of ten year old boy, Jamie, and his slightly older neighbor, Claire, and were the intended prey of the evil miser Wagstaff. The basic premise for the series was akin to the live-action Sci-Fi show called "Sliders," where a band adventurous cuddly dog-like creatures utilized a magical crystal key, able to open inter-dimensional doorways. They became lost between worlds while trying to find their way home, and ended up on earth. Mistaken for actual dogs they are impounded. Jamie picked out Stanli as a new pet from the pound and the adventure begins. While she may have been intended for the series, Fanci was not featured in the pilot. The images supplied here are from a children's book which included Fanci, and were apparently based on preliminary designs for the Fluppies. These are slightly different from the designs that appeared in the actual pilot film. Based on these designs it would appear that the Fluppy Dogs were originally targeted to young girls, and by the time it reach post production the focus was changed dramatically, but not enough to form a concrete target audience, which might explain it's failure to become a regular series. For a little more information check out: The Internet Movie Database. Some of the characters in the Fluppy Dogs were:

Jamie Bingham Claire the Neighbor Stanli the (Blue) Loyal Fluppy Ozzi the (Green) Cool Fluppy Tippi the (Lavender) Loving Fluppy Dinki the (Yellow) Playful Fluppy Inki the (Peach) Shy Fluppy Fanci the (Pink) Pretty Fluppy Mrs. Bingham J. J. Wagstaff Mr. Aimish The Felumpus
    Alwyzsunny Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2007, 04:26 PM
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to say that I found this site because I was looking for the same information today. I'm really happy to know I'm not the only person out there looking for this cartoon.
    (March 12th,2007)
    2ndstar2right Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 10:02 PM
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I just went on like a three or four hour search (distracted well by a plethora of other 80's and 90's shows long forgotten) because I've been wondering the same thing for a few years now. Came up with (drumroll) Disney's Fluppy Dogs. The intro is on YouTube and wiki's got a nice little article on it. Have fun!
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Apr 7, 2007, 04:46 PM
    You're like the 20th person to ask this question in 2 weeks. Lol awesome movie. One of my childhood favorites. I still watch it to this day.
    offell10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 09:23 PM
    Attn sweetstrawberry:

The movie is fluppy dogs, I've been looking for it for a while now too
    gabra_123 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Sep 27, 2007, 03:20 AM
    Anyone interested please post a request with the disney movie club that they release it again, I wore out my copy years ago.
    farcry23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 08:15 PM
    HOLY CRAP!! I have been looking for this movie for years and years!! Thank you so much! I actually just posted a question about this very movie!! I haven't seen this movie in years!! Thank you so much!!
    carhartt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 09:39 PM
    This movie is called fluppies
    HBK0106 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 09:12 PM

Thanks so much! People have been thinking I'm crazy for a couple years because no one remembers this movie. I am so overjoyed! I am so glad that other people know what I'm talking about.
    Shuzy82 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 7, 2010, 09:32 PM
    OMG! So glad I finally found this movie's name! It's been driving me (and my fiancé) crazy, he had no idea what I was talking about lol
    sant80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2011, 11:51 AM
    Years ago I was looking for this and people thought I was crazy too! Glad to know I didn't imagine the whole thing. Still looking for a copy though. Don't know where to find it!! I love fluppy dogs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a late 80's/early 90's cartoon children's movie... [ 11 Answers ]

I must have seen this movie a hundred times and I have no clue what it is. The characters were creatures of some sort - mice, hedgehogs, something. The little sister of one of the mice, we'll call them for clarity's sake, got really sick and all the mice took her to an old woman mouse in the woods...

80's magical nymph cartoon movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys! I have been perterbed by this question for a very long time. Back in the early 80's, I was obsessed about a children's movie that contained a water nymph and a earth/fire nymph. The water nymph was a beautiful girl with blue, grey and purple tones, I think she lived in something...

80's cartoon movie? [ 6 Answers ]

Okay all I remember is on character (gnomish) had a candle on his head, and at some point they were going over a dark lake with spikes coming out of it, also at some point I remember this line, "Arise fairies and dance," proceeding by fairies emerging from a ring of mushrooms and dancing in a...

80's Cartoon Movie Title [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have asked all of my friends and even my brother about this movie. The only thing I can remember is that the main character may be a mouse (?? ) and is with his mother and they come to a stream or muddy area and he sees a can of either dog food or something with a tomato on it and...

Help WIth an 80's HBO Cartoon Movie [ 1 Answers ]

The movie I remember was a cartoon Japanese style movie. I remember seeing it on HBO almost 17 to 18 years ago. At the beginning there was a mother pegasus on a cloud with her babies. Soemehow one of the babies ended up on earth where he came to a young woman and believe there was a black cat....

View more questions Search