Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Sep 17, 2009, 04:18 AM

I didn't get info from anywhere...

I used to use tretinoin, and hydrogen peroxide for my acne as a teenager...

And then overambitiously went with my mum to her cosmetologist and got a salicylic acid peel done... I got pigmented marks as I waws using hydrogen peroxide on the sly... the dermat asked me what I was using and he then told me that salicylic acid and peroxide cause pigmentation as they interfere with each other..

My marks did fade away in time as I continued peroxide and discontinued the peel
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 17, 2009, 04:24 AM

Do you still use the hP. I like to use it sometimes, but had no idea it could interfere with other things.

Sep 17, 2009, 04:44 AM

No I stopped using peroxide years ago...

Its because I couldn't handle looking dull and unfresh every time I stopped using it... and had to reuse it to maintain that fresh look

I couldn't take it anymore so I just quit.. and I looked horrible for months... but then I recovered... but its true that the brightness you get while your on it... boy oh boy... its priceless... eveyrone staring at you admiring your face... I loved the feeling !

Maharani I used to take cold cold cold showers and then apply it... it used to whiten my face like crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... and then to take off the ghostly pale look, I used to apply lemon glycerine and rose water in about ten minutes..

My skin used to glow glow glow... Sorry I'm a guy and I'm talking like a woman.. But I am really vain I can't help myself !

See Hydrogen peroxide or benzyl peroxide have a bleaching effect, plus they burn top layers of your skin... salicylic acid peels your skin totally... so I guess it burns your skin when they interfere with each other

There is some logic I cannot explain but peroxide and salicylic acid in combo is a strict poisonous NO NO for your skin

Sep 17, 2009, 10:30 AM

But then couldn' t you look at it like any kind of lightening product, where you have to keep using it to mainatin the results ?
    I don't know if it was you, but I think someone mentioned that peroxide may be damaging to the skin so should be used with caution, but like you, I like using HP.
    sagluva Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    No i stopped using peroxide years ago ....

its because i couldnt handle looking dull and unfresh every time i stopped using it .... and had to reuse it to maintain that fresh look

i couldnt take it anymore so i just quit.. and i looked horrible for months.... but then i recovered.... but its true that hte brightness you get while your on it ... boy oh boy ... its priceless... eveyrone staring at you admiring your face... i loved the feeling !

maharani i used to take cold cold cold showers and then apply it ... it used to whiten my face like crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... and then to take off the ghostly pale look, i used to apply lemon glycerine and rose water in about ten minutes ..

my skin used to glow glow glow ... Sorry im a guy and im talking like a woman .. But I am really vain I can't help myself !

See Hydrogen peroxide or benzyl peroxide have a bleaching effect, plus they burn top layers of your skin .... salicylic acid peels your skin totally ... so i guess it burns your skin when they interfere with each other

There is some logic i cannot explain but peroxide and salicylic acid in combo is a strict poisonous NO NO for your skin
    OMG thank you very much.. I have been using st ives apricot blemish and blackhead control which has salycic acid and then appplying hydrogen peroxide after as a toner.. I noticed that it helped with my acne but nmow my face is badly pigmented.. I also started using kojic acid soap and then hydrogen peroxide as a toner afterwards.. oh boy... now I'm lost on what to use on my face.. maybe I'll just stick to black soap and hydrogen peroxide.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Sep 17, 2009, 07:34 PM

so sexy! I'm happy to see that the christalline is working for you! And sagluva. I honestly would advise you to stay away from the hot movate. I used it a while back. And I'm glad I've stopped. It can stretch your skin (thank God it didn't to mine), but I've hear horror stories. And it has steroids in it. Trust me the christalline is strong enough. You need not use the movate.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2009, 08:07 PM
    BrownDeceit have you lightened any more shades with the Christalline and are you using it on the body as well?
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Sep 17, 2009, 08:10 PM

Thanks for sharing the Cristaline with us BrownDeceit

Sep 17, 2009, 08:21 PM

Yesssss! Omg. I was actually about to start a new thread about how I just really took a look at myself in the mirror and I was so shocked. I'm so happy. I've never been this light before. My skin has never looked so clean. And I'm trying to decide on whether it's in my head or not. But I honestly am getting so much more attention from men (not that, that is all that matters in life.) and people keep telling me how gorgeous I am. And as of lately people keep telling me I look like Tia and Tamara Mowry. I am soooo happy. And you know. I know people say skin lightening is wrong... But I've lived life as a dark skinned girl. And now I'm living it as a light skinned woman. It's sooooooooo different. I swear to God. It's just amazing. I'm so happy. I'm like past my goal. I tried to look up a beauty store around my campus (since I'm not at home to dip into my mothers supply. Heh heh!) so I can buy more to use on my body. I have a good enough amount to last me about two months. But that's just for my face neck chest and arms. I'm going to start using the plastic wrap method around my stomach and legs if I'm able to purchase another bottle around here. I'm happy!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Girl please post post post Browndeceit!

Sep 17, 2009, 08:54 PM

Wow... sagluva.. be ware... if you continue this for a long time.. peroxide and salicylic acid mix... your marks may get permanent...

Don't risk it... lot of people say that pigmentation is because of age and hormonal imbalances...

However, I know that regardless of that it can happen when people use all sorts of MASALA (meaning spices - pun intended here ) on their faces !
    sagluva Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    wow... sagluva.. be ware .... if you continue this for a long time .. peroxide and salicylic acid mix.... your marks may get permanent ...

dont risk it... lot of people say that pigmentation is because of age and hormonal imbalances...

However, I know that regardless of that it can happen when people use all sorts of MASALA (meaning spices - pun intended here ) on their faces !
    What should I use then? I have acne and at a loss of what to do. I heard peroxide helps with acne so I was using it as a toner and the scrub really cleaned my face. Maybe I'll just stick to the black soap and salycic acid scrub...

Sep 18, 2009, 01:49 PM

Salguva. The movate is causing the acne, and if it isn't the CAUSE it's making it WORSE. I went through this as well. Stop with the movate. It will give you acne and in some cases ingrown hairs and excessive facial hair because of the steroids. Go to your local CVS or Walgreens. Pick up Omega-3 Fish Oil in 1000 mg. I know this sounds random. But just TRUST me on this one okay? It makes your skin brighter, and shinier and prevents acne DRAMATICALLY. Don't take more than 4 or 5 a day. The recommended dosage is 3 a day. If you take more than 4 or 5 a day you WILL break out. Take these pills for about two weeks. Just give it a try. And be consistent with your dosages. I promise you. You WILL see results. And make sure you double check with your doctor that it's safe to take them with your health history, whatever the case may be. I'm almost certain they'll be fine for you because it's merely an over the counter supplement. But PLEASE try this.

Sep 18, 2009, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    Yesssss! Omg. I was actually about to start a new thread about how I just really took a look at myself in the mirror and I was so shocked. I'm so happy. I've never been this light before. My skin has never looked so clean. I am soooo happy. And you know. I know people say skin lightening is wrong.... But I've lived life as a dark skinned girl. And now I'm living it as a light skinned woman. It's sooooooooo different. I swear to God. It's just amazing. I'm so happy. I'm like past my goal. I tried to look up a beauty store around my campus (since I'm not at home to dip into my mothers supply. heh heh!) so I can buy more to use on my body. I have a good enough amount to last me about two months. But that's just for my face neck chest and arms. I'm going to start using the plastic wrap method around my stomach and legs if I'm able to purchase another bottle around here. I'm happy!!!!!!!!!!!
    BrownDeceit,

Glad to hear you are liking the results. It's lovely when something works. Just curious to know if your Mum is seeing the same sort of lightening.

Sep 18, 2009, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    BrownDeceit,

Glad to hear you are liking the results. It's lovely when something works. Just curious to know if your Mum is seeing the same sort of lightening.
    My mother is already as light as Beyonce. She hasn't even started using the Christaline, nor do I think she has any dramatic interest in it. It just kind of sits in her storage. Lol.
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    My mother is already as light as Beyonce. She hasn't even started using the Christaline, nor do I think she has any dramatic interest in it. It just kind of sits in her storage. Lol.
    Is your mom's skintone originally at Beyonce's complexion or did she lighten to that complexion, if so was was her original shade? From the skin chart you had made awhile back, which level would you say that you are at now, is it at Beyonce's? I know it must be great to reach your goal just in time for school. Also, I wanted to know the consistency of the Crystalline you, Sosexy, and anyone else using this? Is it thick or more like a thin liquid?

Sagluva is the black soap you are using soft and brown? If not and it is hard and jet black then it isn't real black soap. I had a bad reaction with the fake "black" soap beacause it was too harsh, artificial, and had black dye in it. But genuine black soap from West Africa is very good with clearing acne and blemishes, I purchased some from the flea market recently. Also, You may think of trying Likas papaya soap or the Diana Stalder papaya kojic soap. The papain (the enzyme from papaya) and papaya is also rich in vitamin A and C, this had helped clear my acne before I switched to black soap, as black soap is milder.
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 12:40 PM

What is crystalline and where can I get it from every time I Google it I find nothing
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezing View Post
    What is crystalline and where can I get it from everytime I google it I find nothing
    It is the 55H+ Cristaline Glycerine Fine Eclaircissant Intense, some of the members here have been using it with much success.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...ue-387909.html

Ingredients:
    -Propiene Glycol: Comes from petroleum and used as a solvent, usually used in cosmetics that will be applied near the eyes. Also, possibly carcinogenic.

-Arctostaphyious Uva-Ursi (Bearberry leaf extract): This is a good lightening ingredient, help kills bacteria, and also contains arbutin

-PEG-40 Hydrogenated caster oil: derives from castor oil, used in cosmetics

-Trideceth-9, Parfum (fragrance): of course fragrance

-Morus bombycis (Mulberry root extract): Another good skin lightener that comes from
    Japan, from the dried skin of the mulberry roots.

-Daucus Carota: Meaning "carrot seed oil", rich in vitamin A which keeps skin looking young.

-Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Lactate: Ascorbic Acid is one of the forms of vitamin C and is an antioxidant, it helps produce collagen, helps to lighten, also good for wrinkles and sun damage.

-Sodium Medtabisulfite: This is used to slow or prevent deterioration of the product.

-Bencyl Alcohol: (benzyl) Can adjust the pH, help preserve, and also used as a solvent

-Methychtoroisothiazolinone: A preservative that helps kill fungi, bacteria, and yeast. Considered an allergin and can cause brain and nerve damage.

-Methylisothiazolinone: (aka "MIT") Used to help kill bacteria and is another preservative, it's also well-known to cause brain and nerve damage, and is toxic. Also used in soaps for hands and the dishes.
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Sep 19, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Is your mom's skintone originally at Beyonce's complexion or did she lighten to that complexion, if so was was her original shade? From the skin chart you had made awhile back, which level would you say that you are at now, is it at Beyonce's? I know it must be great to reach your goal just in time for school. Also, I wanted to know the consistency of the Crystalline you, Sosexy, and anyone else using this? Is it thick or more like a thin liquid?

Sagluva is the black soap you are using soft and brown? If not and it is hard and jet black then it isn't real black soap. I had a bad reaction with the fake "black" soap beacause it was too harsh, artificial, and had black dye in it. But genuine black soap from West Africa is very good with clearing acne and blemishes, I purchased some from the flea market recently. Also, You may think of trying Likas papaya soap or the Diana Stalder papaya kojic soap. The papain (the enzyme from papaya) and papaya is also rich in vitamin A and C, this had helped clear my acne before I switched to black soap, as black soap is milder.
    Hey GoldenGirl the Cristaline is liquid. I usually apply after my shower and I'm always in a rush so I spill more than I apply. I'm going to get a spray bottle for it
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    It is the 55H+ Cristaline Glycerine Fine Eclaircissant Intense, some of the members here have been using it with much success.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...ue-387909.html

Ingredients:
    -Propiene Glycol: Comes from petroleum and used as a solvent, usually used in cosmetics that will be applied near the eyes. Also, possibly carcinogenic.

-Arctostaphyious Uva-Ursi (Bearberry leaf extract): This is a good lightening ingredient, help kills bacteria, and also contains arbutin

-PEG-40 Hydrogenated caster oil: derives from castor oil, used in cosmetics

-Trideceth-9, Parfum (fragrance): of course fragrance

-Morus bombycis (Mulberry root extract): Another good skin lightener that comes from
    Japan, from the dried skin of the mulberry roots.

-Daucus Carota: Meaning "carrot seed oil", rich in vitamin A which keeps skin looking young.

-Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Lactate: Ascorbic Acid is one of the forms of vitamin C and is an antioxidant, it helps produce collagen, helps to lighten, also good for wrinkles and sun damage.

-Sodium Medtabisulfite: This is used to slow or prevent deterioration of the product.

-Bencyl Alcohol: (benzyl) Can adjust the pH, help preserve, and also used as a solvent

-Methychtoroisothiazolinone: A preservative that helps kill fungi, bacteria, and yeast. Considered an allergin and can cause brain and nerve damage.

-Methylisothiazolinone: (aka "MIT") Used to help kill bacteria and is another preservative, it's also well-known to cause brain and nerve damage, and is toxic. Also used in soaps for hands and the dishes.
    Thanks! But where do I get?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movate cream [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I woud like to know if you can use espharma movate cream to lighten skin colour. It says it is a anti inflammatory anti allergic antipruritic , my friend is using it to lighten her skin and she says that it works. I 've noticed that her skin where she has some brown spots has really where. Can...

Neoprosone Gel [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, Is there anyone here that is currently using Neoprosone Gel? If so, are you using it for spots or for all over treatment? I know it may have a steroid or whatever, but I was thinking of using it to lighten my acne marks and my elbows k Thanks

How do you treat the huge pimples you get from using neoprosone gel forte? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here,I have a big problem, I've beeen using neoprosone gel forte and I have seen results but some really huge and gross pimples too I need to get rid of them but I don't know how. I think I did something wrong.I don't think I'm allegic,cuold it be becausei didn't use a milder cream with...

Hot Movate Gel [ 1 Answers ]

What are the good and bad side effects of Hot Movate Gel?

View more questions Search