Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Sep 14, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Hard Floor Bad on Feet?
    So this is probably a ridiculous question and probably in the wrong section, but I'm stressed out so I'll ask anyway. My son will be four this week. We moved into this house shortly after he was born. We have no carpet. We have hard wood floors and ceramic tile. While it's nice and all, I'm afraid I might be ruining my son's feet. I have recently diagosed myself with plantar fasciitis which has got me thinking and worried that in the future, I will have caused feet issues with my son that could have been prevented by just having carpet in the home. I definitely can't afford to have carpet right now. So does anyone have any suggestions as far as footwear in the house? Or is it better just to be barefoot? Ugh I'm stressing over this...
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2009, 07:52 AM

Slipper socks. You can find other versions of these expensive ones. Acorn Kids Slipper Sock (Infant/Toddler/Youth) - Free Shipping for adults to kids. They typically have a non skid tread on the bottom.

Sep 14, 2009, 11:17 AM

I love Slipper Socks!!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2009, 04:24 PM

I always wear some kind of footwear in the house whether it be regular shoes or slippers. I only go barefoot at night when I leave my bed and go to the bathroom and back. I have a bad back and found that being barefoot causes my back to hurt. And I never go barefoot outside - ever - even when I lived in South Florida due to stepping on things and getting cuts on my feet. Even my son when he was little never ran around outside barefoot. As soon as I could get him to wear shoes he wore shoes in the house.

You need to give your son's feet support. Slipper socks don't give support. Buy him some cute slippers instead.

Feb 5, 2011, 10:05 PM
    Okay I know this is old, but I have decided to say something else, since it has quite a bit of views. For what it's worth, I have concluded that the hard floors aren't so bad on the feet, and I was being a worry wart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog scratching hard wood floor [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 5 year old boxer who is just a bundle of joy. We recently moved into a new house with hard wood floors. When anyone come to the door, she chrages through the living room (hard wood) through the kitchen (hardwood) and into the entryway area to see who has arrived. It is doing a...

I'm thinking of investing in a hard wood floor - Brazilian Koa. Any input is apprec [ 3 Answers ]

Brazilian Koa, also known as Tigerwood. I'm thinking of getting this installed in a LR, DR, Hall and BR and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it. It's unique and gorgeous and I don't think any other wood is going to make me happy after seeing this one. I have a pretty small place but...

Square Feet Board Feet? [ 4 Answers ]

If I know how many square feet I have and I know the thickness of the material I have how I convert these values to square feet?

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

Basement Floor Drain Overflowing Under Hard Rain [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a house that was built in 1989. I have lived in the house for 5 years. There is a floor drain in my basement that is not plumbed to the sump hole. I am not sure where the drain goes, but in the 5 years that I have lived here the drain has overflowed twice. It creates about a...

View more questions Search