Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summersunshinee Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2009, 04:34 PM
    Maid of Honor
    I'm getting married in about a year and a half.
    I have a younger sister, who is sixteen, and she's always been my best and truest friend.
    I have another great, close friend named Jennifer, who is 24.
    I'm wondering if it's possible to have two maids of honor?
    I love my sister more than naything, but I'm not sure it's appropriate for a 16 year old to plan bachelorette parties and such, haha.
    Is it possible to have my older friend plan the parties, but have my sister be my maid of honor?
    Should I have both of them be maids of honor?

Help!

Thanks so much!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2009, 12:06 AM
    Hi, summersunshinee!

You've posted a difficult question. In my opinion, I don't see anything wrong with having two maids of honor, if it would solve the dilema that you're having. Nothing illegal, maybe a bit out of custom and tradition, though. But, it's your wedding. You can pretty much do anything that you want.

Since your sister is a blood relative, then I would suggest having her be the one who stands the closest to you when you're saying your vows. That would be a logical reason for a specific order in a line, at least to me, anyway...

To be fair, you could give them both things to do. Age appropriate and experience, would be another logical reason to tell either of them...

I have no doubt, that this sort of thing has been done before, somewhere...

Hopefully, others will also come along to address your question.

Thanks!
    The D-Tales Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2009, 08:31 AM

The good news is that yes, it’s acceptable to have two maids of honor. Or, if one of the ladies is married, you can have a maid and a matron of honor.
    It's up to you and your two honor attendants to decide who walks where and does what during the ceremony (adjust your train, hold your bouquet, hand you the groom's ring, etc.) Just sit down and discuss the things you want them to do during the event.

Have a fairytale day!
    rizzoeddie Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2009, 11:34 AM

I believe that yes, it would be fabulous two have two maids of honor. When it comes down to it, this is a celebration of you and your husband-to-be's live's and loves. Celebrate! Make it your way, that is the ONLY way it will suit you perfectly!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The D-Tales View Post
    The good news is that yes, it’s acceptable to have two maids of honor. Or, if one of the ladies is married, you can have a maid and a matron of honor.
    It's up to you and your two honor attendants to decide who walks where and does what during the ceremony (adjust your train, hold your bouquet, hand you the groom's ring, etc.) Just sit down and discuss the things you want them to do during the event.

Have a fairytale day!
    Hi, D-Tales!

I appreciate you mentioning about "matron of honor". I had forgotten about that title.

Thanks!
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2009, 12:47 PM

When my uncle got married I was in the wedding, and I was given the title "junior bride" I have no idea what that meant, because I was not getting married, and I was 11, but if you want to give that a shot it couldn't hurt.

I like the 2 maids of honor thing though.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 15, 2009, 12:50 PM

I have done 100's of weddings, first and foremost there are no real rules, except who may or may not sign a marriage license as a witness (if one is needed in your area)

You may have anything you want to, it is your wedding
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2009, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    When my uncle got married I was in the wedding, and I was given the title "junior bride" I have no idea what that meant, because I was not getting married, adn I was 11, but if you wanna give that a shot it couldn't hurt.

I like the 2 maids of honor thing though.
    Usually that age group is given the 'Junior Bridesmaid' title, maybe they shortened the title for that wedding.

To the OP, congratulations, it's your wonderful day, do it however it makes you happy.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2009, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    Usually that age group is given the 'Junior Bridesmaid' title, maybe they shortened the title for that wedding.

To the OP, congradulations, it's your wonderful day, do it however it makes you happy.
    You know, it was so long ago, I could have just remembered it wrong, It could have been "junior bridesmaid

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maid Of Honor Toast needed quick.. HELP [ 1 Answers ]

I know it's the 11th hour, but my daughter is in desperate need for a short, cute and memorable Maid of Honor Toast for a wedding she is going to attend tomorrow (9/20). If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. **She is Maid of Honor for her best friend.

Maid Service [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I just got my papers today for lay off which I will be officially laid off the 30th of this month. I am looking to either start with house cleaning and later do commercial cleaning. Can you help me in this area.

Maid of honor! [ 5 Answers ]

I have two best friends, one from childhood and another I knew since college, both want to be my maid of honor. I don't know who to choose because I don't want anyone feelings to be hurt. They both are organizing my baby shower and the wedding isn't until August 2009. I plan on asking them both....

Don't want to be the maid of honor [ 6 Answers ]

:( My sister in law is getting married. She is my husbands sister. We are not close at all but her mother and her are so snooty that I believe they asked me to be the maid because it would look bad if the asked someone else. To make a long story short, they never have really like me, they have...

Issue with being Maid of Honor [ 44 Answers ]

My best friend is getting married in May and has asked me to be the Maid of Honor. I accepted but told her when I accepted that I would not be able to afford to purchase a "one time use" gown and would need her guarantee that my dress would be something classic and re-wearable she agreed. Well...

View more questions Search