Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Its hard to make this list as I have only thought of the good all day. Well here it goes...

1. She smokes more often towards the end of the relationship.
    2. She curses me out during arguments.
    3. Embarrases me in public with yelling and punches when upset.
    4. Almost never trusted me.
    5. Always brought up the past during new arguments and wouldn't stick to the problem.
    6. Scratched my face during an argument and throws things at my car and slams my door as hard as possible.
    7. Almost always threw me out of her house for dumb reasons.
    8. Was very jealous.
    9. Hung up on me when upset even after we agreed we wouldn't do that.
    10. Would never say sorry first no matter what.
    2ndTime Posts: 191, Reputation: 12

Nov 15, 2009, 05:55 PM

emopunk7, I think it's time you go out with someone new. Maybe this will help you to forget your ex faster.
    bswc Posts: 197, Reputation: 22

Nov 15, 2009, 08:04 PM
    That's a good list, if you'd have this list before you met a girl the first place the list will end is in the trash bin!
    Something_Here Posts: 108, Reputation: 16

Nov 16, 2009, 04:47 AM

I'm going through the same emotions you are emo. Just work on that list, and start writing a journal if you haven't already, that really helps.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 07:29 PM
    Good News:
    I was taking the train at night and I saw this pretty girl walk by so I was like hmmm. Then I see she is not sure of where to catch the train but she doesn't ask me so I realize I'm on the wrong side. So I go to the other and later she realizes that she has to go to the other side as well. Now we are both waiting for the same train and I start talking to her and she starts laughing and I keep making her laugh... Then I ask where she is going and she said towards the ferry and I said me too. Then she asked me if I was going get on the ferry and I said yes. So she said good and that she will tag along... We talk the whole way and laugh the whole way and I actually enjoyed her company a lot which is strange and we have cool things in common. We both like to workout and play sports and in school and our favorite movies are the same and we love restaurants. I found her to be very interesting. Well I asked for her number and she gave it to me and I said maybe we can get drinks sometime and she said she would love that and then we hugged and kissed on the cheek and went our way.
    I woke up pretty okay today and I am not getting my hopes high and I know to take things slow. I haven't even text her yet but I will tomorrow. We will see how that goes... The thing is that I have 2 girls I'm talking to but I'm not interested in them. I actually enjoyed this one and would love to go on a date with her. Any thoughts?
    Young_Cardinal Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2009, 09:18 PM

YES YOU SHOULD
    Don't rush into it though
    At least now you got your mind off your ex lol
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 09:29 PM
    Emo, I am glad you are having fun. Just take it easy and be yourself. Enjoy getting to know someone new who sounds like a nice person. :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 11:17 PM
    Thank you Cat and Cardinal... I feel so good right now. Not because of the girl but because I just finished reading Sdjosh's story... It was such an inspiration. I really believe his entire story should be a sticky. I really believe this will be easier now that I read that. I have new strength now. 7 years with many great memories (which sounded really good wink wink) and he was able to move on and found someone else. There is this song by Damien Rice called The Blowers Daughter. The ending goes like this...
    I can't take my eyes off you, I can't take my mind off you...
    Til I find sombody new!

There is always someone else no matter what. Believe it!

I am so happy because although I have been coming here and talking nonsense too much I realized what has been going on the last 2 months. I have been working out every day and always determined no matter how tired or sad I am. I have read 2 books already! I have been still practicing with my band and not giving up on them as down as I feel. I have written some new poetry. I am getting more confident day by day and reflecting on my past mistakes and I know to let my partner have their own space as well with their friends and to trust until cheated on and if so move on but just not letting affect the relationship if it hasn't happened. I am taking accounting in college to better my life. I will love with all I have again when the time comes. Most importantly I have found strength in myself compared to my first break up. From the moment she said "whatever, enjoy your life" I have not called or text or anything. I deleted all pictures and all memories cold turkey. I deleted her on network sites and made a decision to go the difficult road for greater results at the end just like the gym. I am determined to live a great happy healthy and good life. This may be hard but I can already see the light. I guess hard efforts do pay off and I am sure there will be great rewards for all this hard work in the future!! Thank you everyone!!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2009, 12:11 AM
    You sound happy Emo-that's great!
    Take care.
    Something_Here Posts: 108, Reputation: 16

Nov 17, 2009, 02:39 AM

It's great to see that you're doing better emo, gives me hope as well. Good luck with the date :)
    2ndTime Posts: 191, Reputation: 12

Nov 17, 2009, 10:01 AM

I am happy for you.
    Marriage Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 10:13 AM
    Your starting to sound more like EP instead of emopunk. :D

Take care of yourself. :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 04:21 PM
    Hey all! I have a date with the girl I met on the train the other day! Wish me luck! I'm so happy for the first time... I feel better to go on a date and I actually like this girl.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 04:25 PM

Good for you Emo , hope you have a great time. Just a little hint , don't mention anything about your previous GF or relationship ;)
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 05:30 PM
    Thank you for that advice and hint... Great reminder friend... I will let you know what happens when I return tonight.
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 12:52 AM
    OmG!! Greatest date ever and I guess this confirms me being over my ex! I really enjoyed my time. She looked 100 times better than last time. We watched a movie got a drink and then I went to show her a spot but we weren't allowed there and the cops came... gave us both a summons but we were laughing the whole time and we enjoyed every moment. We cuddled during the movie and kissed quite a bit... but that's it. I really like everything about this girl thus far but I get doubts... like does this make her seem easy? Will I get a disease? What if she's not as good as she seems and is hiding something? Too many thoughts... but nonetheless exactly what I needed! A great time!! She is sooo much fun and she is very smart! Beautiful girl with blue eyes. I feel so lucky. Don't know how to feel right now. I'm older but somehow I feel she is more experienced. I guess all this is better than being sad over some stupid ex who doesn't want me!!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2009, 12:57 AM
    Don't start overanalyzing Emo, it's one date-take it one step at the time and get to know each other if that's what you both want.
    Marriage Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 06:27 AM
    Slow down just a bit. :D

Take it one meeting/date at a time and continue having fun getting to know each other.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2009, 02:27 PM
    Is it possible that after thinking and feeling like you are over your ex for the same bad feeling to come back again? I felt a little down earlier and a few thoughts and now I'm scared I can go back to that.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 23, 2009, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by emopunk7 View Post
    is it possible that after thinking and feeling like you are over your ex for the same bad feeling to come back again? I felt a little down earlier and a few thoughts and now I'm scared I can go back to that.
    You're still not over it. Keep giving yourself more time. You need to be more patient than that.

However, even if you think you're over the break up, there is still a chance that you might have these feelings again down the road. It's a normal occurrence. As they happen more often and as you overcome them more often, you will realize that it's easier and easier to overcome these types of feelings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get my girlfriend to trust me again after so many lies. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello friends, I have a problem and I have been seeking help from everywhere, and everyone, things in my relationship hasn't been looking to good for me. I lied to my girlfriend about things that are insignificant, things that if I tell the truth it won't be a problem, but I still lie about it. ...

Broke my girlfriend and kids heart and trust [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend and her kids have been living together for eight months all four of us have been through a lot in our past it was hard for me to get close to them and with worrying about work and bills making sure I took care of them right I kept being such a jerk to them I broke there hearts...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

View more questions Search