Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2009, 04:25 PM
    Cavalier King Charles (dog) - face swollen

Keep a close eye on her.
    She could be having an allergic reaction to something. You can try a small dose (about 2mg/kg) of Benadryl and see if that works. How much does she weigh (approx)?
    MaryBM Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 04:29 AM

Sariss, many thanks for your response. This morning her swelling had subsided somewhat but brought her to the vet just in case. He said it's likely she was stung and reacted. He gave her a cortisone injection and a general wellbeing check. It's now 12:30pm and she is back to normal. I asked the vet if I could have given her a clarytin or something similar and he said yes but only a half tablet. It's good to know for the future. She weighs 6kg today!! Hope she doesn't get much heavier!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

14 week old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, After a rough night, and a rough day today, I'm at a loss as to what's happening with my 14 week old puppy. I've had her since she was 5 weeks old, and for the last 6 weeks, she's been able to hold her bowels for at least 4 - 6 hours, sometimes a little longer, overnight. Last night, she...

Cavalier King Charles - face swollen [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first post/question. We have a 7 month old Cavalier King Charles. We noticed over the past few days that she seemed to rub her eyes a lot and rub her nose in the mat but did not make much of it. This evening however, her eyes are very puffed and from her eyes down to her month...

House training 16 week old cavalier king charles spaniel [ 5 Answers ]

I have had this puppy for almost a week and have been diligent with the house training. Holds in pee and poop for 6-7 hrs in crate at night but is still having pee accidents in house. Luckily I have caught and corrected her each time and cleaned up the pee appropriately. She clearly gets going...

Cavalier king charles spaniel puppy not eating much [ 1 Answers ]

We recently brought home our new puppy. He is almost 4 months old. He gets dry puppy food available all day to him. 3 times a day he gets wet mixed with some dry. He really is not eating much. Could this be due to his new surroundings?

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

From an email: > I have a 7 week old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She is not eating, > only when we force feed her. I am becoming very concerned because she is > shaking and sleeping a lot. We have given her karo syrup and maple > syrup as per our breeder. But she will not eat the food...

View more questions Search