Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slyman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2009, 02:38 PM
    Divorced Grooms Dad pays for what?
    My son is getting married next year. His mother and I have been divorced over 20 years, we have both remarried.

What does the grooms father pay for at his son's wedding?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2009, 06:24 PM

"Who Pays for What?

Working out a budget for your wedding is one of the first things that should be done, once the date is set. Will the ceremony be formal, semiformal or informal? A formal wedding, of course, will be the most expensive and the informal, the least. Nothing is set in concrete. Who pays for what? Unlike a decade ago, the lines are no longer rigidly drawn. The burden of paying for the wedding has shifted in recent years from the shoulders of the father of the bride, to include the groom's family. Also, with many couples marrying later and having money of their own, they are sharing in the expenses.

There are no longer any hard and fast rules as to "Who Pays for What", but a general guideline follows as to the traditional breakdown."

For the guideline and the quote - Who Pays for What - Wedding Etiquette
    The D-Tales Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2009, 08:49 AM

Excellent information from Judy. Traditionally, the groom's parents are responsible for the rehearsal dinner. In this, the Groom's parents are honoring the event and those in attendance.

I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorced/non-divorced parents college tuition responsibilities in Indiana [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Indiana. I have a friend who is divorced. It is in his divorce documents to share in paying for his children's college education, but it is in there because his lawyer told him there is a state law in Indiana that requires parents (divorced and non-divorced) to pay for their children's...

Bride and grooms thank you [ 2 Answers ]

If you have given a large amount of money to your son and daughter at their wedding is getting juat a photo thank you sufficdent. There was no personal note written with the photo. Also gave money before the wedding to help with other funds. When I ask bride why she did not write a personal...

Grooms Divorced Parents [ 7 Answers ]

I have read a lot about the divorced parents for the Bride. What about the proper etiquette for the grooms divorced parents who don't care for each other? The father and stepmother of the groom are out of the loop. Their daughter together is in the wedding, so any information is coming from her....

Military colors and grooms men [ 3 Answers ]

Hey you. I'm planning a wedding in November of 08 and my fiancée is in the navy. We are going to have a military wedding but only with his uniform and I want the arch of swords but not the military vows or anything. Well I'm having trouble on the colors he is either going to wear his whites whitch...

Married in California, divorced in Spain. How do I get divorced in CA? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in California in 1998 and moved to Spain where I got divorced in 2005 under Spain's Law. I've tried contacting the US consulate to validate my divorce, but they referred me to the County I got married in. The County has no clue, they tell me to show up there. How can I validate my...

View more questions Search