Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kija21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2009, 01:54 PM
    What are these mounds of orange bugs and flies all over yard?
    I was just in my yard and felt something on my foot, when I looked down I saw this pile of orangish bugs with flies emerging. When I looked around I noticed that they are everywhere. I can look out my front window and see the little flies beginning to fly up and some birds diving for them. I this normal or something in the lawn. We are doing some digging and have a lot of black dirt spread, but they only seem to be in areas of grass.
    kija21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2009, 01:56 PM
    What are these orangish mounds of bug and little flies in ground?
    I was just outside and noticed these piles of orangish bugs with small flies emerging. I looked around and they seem to be everywhere.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 13, 2009, 02:33 PM
    Since your questions are both related, I have joined them to make one thread.

As for the bugs, can you post pictures or collect some samples to take to get identified? Places for an I.D. would be your local college Biology Dept. an exterminators' office, or your local Agricultural Dept. Extension office.
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Sep 14, 2009, 05:15 PM
    I am guessing that you might be seeing a mound of lady beetles. I am not sure if this is the right season for this to be occurring, but I have seen this swarming behavior in lady beetles (family Coccinellidae). Apparently, this is common with Asian lady beetles in the fall, to the point where they become household pests because of their sheer numbers. Otherwise, they feed on aphids.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 14, 2009, 05:26 PM
    TErmites?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Flies/Sewer Flies [ 24 Answers ]

We moved into this house almost 1 yr ago. At first I didn't notice the flies. We have a shower stall in our bathroom that is in our room. We noticed a leak and stopped using it. Someone mentioned that I should still pour water down the drain, is this true? Our sump pump is in the basement next...

Thousands of flies covering my yard and house! [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what to do about this? It started late last fall, I noticed it when I started to mow my lawn and was literally ATTACKED! There I was mowing and looking like a spaz swatting at these things the whole time- there were at least 30 of them after me at all times. I also had hundreds...

I found two bugs in my yard and I would like to know what they are. [ 3 Answers ]

10506 10507 10508 10509 10510

Why flies coming from under floorboards what flies [ 1 Answers ]

Have recently had a problem with sewage leaking under the house this caused my home to be infested with sewage flies had the sewage leak fixed and my floor boards ripped up the sewage removed and the area sanitised then the floor relayed had no flies for about a week but we are now getting some...

How do you get rid of huge ant mounds [ 1 Answers ]

We have several huge ant mounds surrounding our property. How can we get rid of them?

View more questions Search