Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SEMY2K Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2004, 01:38 PM
    Lawsuit
    My, now out of business, corporation has been sued by a purveyor and they have obtained a judgement against it. My question is, If the name of the corporation is wrong in the lawsuit, is the judgement binding?
    Debt_Settlement Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Aug 6, 2004, 01:40 PM
    Lawsuit
    I'm no lawyer so anything I say should be taken with that knowledge and my disclaimer that only an idiot would take legal advice from a stranger over the internet.

Seems to me that the legal answer to your question is "maybe yes" or "maybe no" and will depend on the laws in your state. I believe that the judgment could be flawed if the name of the entity is in error but it might depend on the degree of the flaw. Personally, I would not want to be in a position of trying to enforce a judgment that was flawed.

Why do you care about this question? Did you guarantee the debt of the corporation? If so, a judgment against the corporation is not a judgement against you and the creditor sued the wrong person. If not, does the answer make a difference on any practical level?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do we have a lawsuit case? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, Recently my girlfriend was working part time at a place in the mall. One night a secret shopper (mall private investigator) came by as she and another employee were closing leaving the store to go do the deposit for the end of the night, this lady asked to look through there purses. ...

I just got hit by a lawsuit from old CC company [ 15 Answers ]

Hi everyone.. I am seeing if anyone can give me some opinion on how to handle a law suit that I just receive from an old credit card company I owe money to. On the paper it says I just got summon from a law office but at the bottom of the paper it says this is a communication from a...

Polybutylene Lawsuit [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had extensive water damage to my mobile home that was manufactured in 1981 from defective polybutylene fittings. I heard that there was a class action lawsuit to help recover damages. I would like information on this lawsuit and who to contact. Thank you!! Kasey

Small claims lawsuit question? [ 0 Answers ]

I am in the process of filing a small claims lawsuit for $3000. I bought a $7000 car as a gift for an ex boyfriend. We broke up two months after the gift was given, and I feel I should be paid back either half the amount I spent or be given back the car. I have all the receipts showing I paid in...

View more questions Search