Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rascel_geron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 11:36 PM
    Unable to access the task manager and antivirus websites
    Why can't I open the task manager and the antivirus websites esp the norton and symantec
    ComputerHelpers Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Sep 13, 2009, 10:09 PM

Hmm.. if you are on Xp or Vista, go to extreme bottom center of your desktop, where the icons are, place mouse on a grey or clear area(no icons) and RIGHT Click on that. The Task Manager will appear as one of the pull down options for you. The virus issue is more complex. Try that first.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2009, 11:29 PM

This would indicate you more than likely have the conflicker worm virus

Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal tool.
    Download details: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

This has worked for other I have been able to help

Run above program and restart when finished and try to get onto sites you are having problems with

Here is some other info but as mentioned use above first and check to see if issue fixed
    Sharing Your Knowledge (the application, hardware, software, the operation system, etc): BitDefender Downadup Conflicker.C Removal Tool

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Task manager [ 6 Answers ]

I was just playing one of my games and when I came back here to check in, my task manager on the bottom of my screen disappeared. Can't see my start button or any of the windows I have open. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Task manager [ 9 Answers ]

Can some one provide me with a link to what programs that are running it my task manager. I seem to have allot running and I would like to end the prosses on some but I heard it can do some damage to your computer if I end the wrong ones. I hope you understand what I am talking about.

Task manager [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all of you , I have a problem with task manager which I can't open it,I receive a messege"task manager has been disabled by your administrator"

Task Manager [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I've been having some problems ending processes in task manager. After choosing to end a process and answering 'yes' to the warning, the process does not end. As such I am also unable to uninstall the program as the process is running in the background. I have run virus scans and spyware...

Task Manager Help please [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I want to open task manager it says "task manager has been disabled by your administrator" can someone please tell me how to enable it? Thanks in advance :)

View more questions Search