Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galdoor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 07:54 PM
    Dishwasher doesn't drain after full cycle
    I have a brand new whirlpool dishwasher that doesn't drain completely after running a full cycle but it will drain completely if I press the cancel/drain button.

I run the waste hose directly into the sink disposal with no air gap. I took the hose out and pressed the cancel/drain button and it had a pretty steady flow into a bucket. There also didn't seem to be any blockage at the hose/disposal interface.

I've read that water draining is a timed thing so a limited flow can cause a partial drain. I don't think that the flow was limited when it was going into the bucket, so I'm thinking could there be some pressure/blockage problem in the disposal? The sink drains fine. Any other suggestions, things to try?

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher will not start any cycle, will drain [ 14 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher with "Sensor ATC" and "Ultra Wash" and "Quietguard Elite" across the front of the appliance face. It has worked perfectly until yesterday. It will not start on any cycle. I CAN get it to drain by hitting the CANCEL button. I have tried to get it to start a FAVORITE...

Dishwasher Cycle Seems Never to End [ 4 Answers ]

I have had (and been happy with) our KitchenAid KUDI01L dishwasher for several years. Recently we moved and have kept the old house for a rental. Renters now report that the dishwasher wash cycle seems never to end (at least not after 2 hours). This is the Normal cycle - not scrub or anything out...

Dishwasher will only go to drain cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Model 665.15817990. Every time I try and get it to run, it will only go to drain cycle. I have checked the overflow valve, but do not know how to get it running again.

Dishwasher full of water [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older Kitchenaid dishwasher and the bottom always has about a gallon of water at the end of the cycle. This problem is not addressed in the little manual it came with. Is something plugged? Is a pump not pumping? Any help much appreciated!

Washer only filling 1/2 full on rinse cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a coin-op washer model CA2742TQO that only fills 1/2 full on the rinse cycles, but fills full on the wash cycle. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.