Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    perd Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Living trust in Oregon how long must remain open?
    My mother passed away ten months ago and had a living trust. All the bills were paid and a small amt of cash was split between my bother and me. Now I am receiving notices by her Health Insurance she had stating past bills they paid were in error and a taking money back from providers they previosly paid and I had paid the copays etc. Also I have notices preapproving Dr Visits, Therapy etc. How can they send me isurance statements stating these things were all covered and a Year later Change there mind? Are they out of time or can they try to come back on the little she had left. Once again we are in Oregon. Help!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2009, 09:13 AM

Hello P:

I don't know, in terms of the statute of limitations, whether the time has expired... But, in any case, if the estate was probated, there's NOTHING left to pay WITH. Your mothers estate has NOTHING, in that whatever the estate was comprised of, it was distributed via the probate.

So, I would write them a letter informing them of such. I can't imagine they'd sue. If they did, and WON, they're going to have to file suit AGAIN to get the probate reversed... Even with a judgment against your mother, I can't imagine a judge would reverse the probate just to make sure the insurers get paid...

What I wouldn't do, is worry about it... They can't sue YOU or any of the heirs. They can only sue the estate of your mother, and I think the estate is broke.

excon
    perd Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 09:46 PM

Perhaps someone can elaborate on this for me!

My mother passed away ten months ago and had a living trust. All the bills were paid and a small amt of cash was split between my brother and me. Now I am receiving notices by her Health Insurance she had stating past bills they paid were in error and a taking money back from providers they previosly paid and I had paid the copays etc. Also I have notices preapproving Dr Visits, Therapy etc. How can they send me isurance statements stating these things were all covered and a Year later Change there mind? Are they out of time or can they try to come back on the little she had left. Once again we are in Oregon. Help! Ins co is providence medical. Is there a state of Oregon limit on the time?
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trust fund issues in Oregon.death of parent.social security [ 3 Answers ]

This is in the state of Oregon, Multnomah county. So my situation is a bit complicated. When I was 6 my father left me with a random woman who was his girlfriend, for the moment. He left back to Alaska and for the next 4 and a half years she became my primary care giver. At age eleven (1999) he...

Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, Placement of Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? Thanks & Regards

How long does a bankruptcy remain on a credit report? [ 1 Answers ]

How long does a bankruptcy remain on a credit report in New York?. Does bankruptcy, chapter 7, wipe out judgements as well?. How long are judgements good for?. Are they renewable, and if so, do creditors normally bother to renew?. What kind of process service is required to sue a debtor?. Can one...

Living together in Oregon-splitting assets [ 2 Answers ]

From what I understand Oregon is not a common law state. I have lived with my girlfriend for some 17 years (except for a 2 year hiatus in the middle). We have had joint checking accounts, file taxes separately, keep our original names, have comingled considerable sums of money, owned 2 businesses...

How long does hydrocodne remain in system? [ 2 Answers ]

How long does hydrocodne remain in system? If a person has been on high levels of hydrocodone, and other medeications, like oxycotin, valium, etc. Is there any way the drug can remain in the blood after several days considering its halflife? Is there any way it could remain in the gastric contents...

View more questions Search