Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hamsterlovera Posts: 20, Reputation: -2

Sep 12, 2009, 08:35 AM
    How do I ask my mom for me top wear a bra?
    I am 11 and I want to wear just a little padded bra but I have no idea how to ask my mom she brings it up all the time but I never have the courage to say can we get me a bra I just don't like to say bra around her unless its about someone else SO HELP ME ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO ASK HER MY A BRA? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!

Sep 12, 2009, 08:37 AM

Ask her to get you some underwear then she'll see the bras and maybe she will say hey do you need a bra? Hope that helped
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2009, 08:43 AM

Did you just answer your own question :confused:
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 08:43 AM

Honey,you should be able to talk to your Mom about ANYTHING!
    She loves you ,she gave you life and she understands how you feel because she was a young girl of 11 once as well.
    Just say"Ma,I think its time I got a bra".
    Pretty soon you will be having more serious conversations so now is a good time to start feeling free to say anything to her.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 08:57 AM
    Please remember that this isn't a chat room so it takes time to get answers to questions. Sometimes it takes minutes-sometimes hours. So please be patient.

Are you wanting (or needing) a bra with cups or are you wanting a "training bra" (they are like sports bras)?

This is a good time to work on talking with your mother.

Instead of asking for a bra since you are having problems with that, try talking to her about growing up in general and then steer the conversation toward clothing and undergarments. While you may or may not need the "support" of a bra, they are a lot more comfortable in some ways than undershirts.

You could bring up the subject while doing laundry when you are folding her bras. Maybe say something like "I think I may need one of these."

Sep 12, 2009, 10:26 AM
    artlady;1975068]Honey,you should be able to talk to your Mom about ANYTHING!
    She loves you ,she gave you life and she understands how you feel because she was a young girl of 11 once as well.
    Just say"Ma,I think its time I got a bra".
    Pretty soon you will be having more serious conversations so now is a good time to start feeling free to say anything to her.

I can't say I think it time for me to get a bra I would rather just say can I get a bra

Sep 12, 2009, 10:41 AM
    shazamataz;1975067]Did you just answer your own question
    Yes I did I thought it would get answers going on my profile
    Marriage Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterlovera View Post
    i can't say i think it time for me to get a bra i would rather just say can i get a bra
    Well, then say that. We, mothers, do understand. As artlady said, we were 11 once.

If you don't want to spring it on her in the store, while doing laundry when you are folding bras, ask if you can get one.

Just be prepared for a mother/daughter moment.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2009, 10:46 AM

Hello hamstergirl:

You know the ingenuity you just used to get your question answered??

Use THAT with your mom, and your drawer will fill up with bra's. You're a very smart little girl.

excon

Sep 12, 2009, 11:12 AM

What is ingeunuity excon?
    Marriage Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 11:22 AM
    Redhed, she answered her own question. She has the first answer in the thread.

Hamster, I am going to suggest that you use a dictionary to look up "ingenuity". Make sure you spell it correctly. :)

Yes, I am a mother. :D
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2009, 11:23 AM

Hello again, h:

It's the showing of intelligence, aptitude, or discernment. It means that you exhibit originality of thought, resourcefulness , and cleverness.

excon

Sep 12, 2009, 11:49 AM
    You know the ingenuity you just used to get your question answered??
    Use THAT with your mom, and your drawer will fill up with bra's. You're a very smart little girl.
    What is ingenuity excon?

Sep 12, 2009, 12:26 PM

Please I need some advice from someone who knows
    Marriage Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 12:45 PM
    please i need some advice from someone who knows
    What have we have been doing? What makes you think that we don't "know".

The main answers are going to come down to "tell her you need a bra", "ask her for a bra", or "discuss getting a bra".

If you are looking for a higher post count that doesn't matter here. Some questions are answered in one post. Attitude, though, counts for a lot.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2009, 01:50 PM

I'm sorry, but something doesn't jive here. You post a question, then 2 minutes later you post an answer to it. More importantly it was a good answer, so why don't you follow your own advice.

Frankly it looks like you are playing games here and we don't appreciate that.

You also said your mom asks you all the time about it. So the next time she does simply say Yes. You don't have to say the word bra.

Sep 13, 2009, 11:08 AM

I wrote to myself to get the thread going okay and please ask other people for advice I am nervous
    Marriage Expert

Sep 13, 2009, 11:16 AM
    i wrote to myself to get the thread going okay and please ask other people for advice i am nervous
    Hamster, by writing to yourself, you actually made it take longer to get advice. When new questions are posted they show up on a menu on the home page and stay there until more new ones are posted. When it gets answered, it disappears from that list. As a matter of fact, I almost missed your question because it was there then it wasn't. I thought someone else had given you an answer.

Have you tried what we suggested yet?

Sep 13, 2009, 02:38 PM
    Has anyone here actually had to ask their mom to get them a bra:):):):):)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2009, 02:56 PM
    has anyone here actually had to ask their mom to get them a bra
    Yes. By that age, moms don't see their daughters naked any longer and sometimes have no idea how fast they are growing up and developing.

A bra is good for modesty too -- nipples can become very obvious under knit tops, especially during cold weather or if the girl gets excited by something, even something innocent like hearing about an upcoming party or like watching her school's basketball team play.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What to wear? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know what to wear to birthday party for one of my friends :confused: Do you guys have any ideas.. if so comment below please!:eek:

What to wear. [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everyone! I'm going to a taylor swift concert in march at the houston rodeo and don't know what to wear. I need something she would most likely wear. Go to Justice - Looks you luv for less! and pick out an outfit. I fit in their sizes so just send me the link to the outfit and ill tell...

What to wear? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I'm 25 and I am getting married at the courthouse.

What I wear [ 8 Answers ]

My mom does not make much money, so I don't have many new clothes. I know who I am has nothing to do with what I wear BUT I still what to look my very best for the upcoming school year, I need some tips to make my old wardrobe look snazy and cool and above all else ME! Here's mostly what I have...

What and how to wear? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm turning 18 next week and I'd like to wear a dress but my problem is that I have really big hips as that's gentetic in my family and I have a belly too, what dress styles and colurs would go with my figure without drawing too much attention to my stomach and hips? Write back Thank you...

View more questions Search