Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SHORTYHOOD Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Starvation
    How long can you do without food before you die?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Can you expand on why you are asking?

Sep 12, 2009, 09:47 AM

I have end stages COPD and unable to eat and don't want to eat anymore either
    Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 09:54 AM
    I am sorry you are going through this. I lost my father to COPD 2 years ago. Due to that, and watching him die, I cannot, or will not tell you how to kill yourself.

If you have a family think about how this affects them as well.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 09:59 AM

Your health and activity can greatly affect the answer. I am sorry to hear of your illness. WWII prisoners were recorded as living about 21-35 days without food. Not drinkling and fluids would dramatically shorten a persons life long before the food issue would play into the equation. What does your physician tell you?

Sep 12, 2009, 10:11 AM
    I'm very tired multiple health problems. I have to take 30 prescriptions a day. I am just very tired even in my bones and my heart. It is like a marathon run to get out of bed andho 4 steps into my rest room.
    Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHORTYHOOD View Post
    I'm very tired multiple health problems. I have to take 30 prescriptions a day. I am just very tired even in my bones and my heart. It is like a marathon run to get out of bed andho 4 steps into my rest room.
    I can certainly understand. My father was very much the same.

Have you discussed this with your family? How do they feel about your willingness to commit suicide via starvation?

Sep 12, 2009, 10:20 AM

This is my end not thiers! I will be back later Ty I need a nap bad. And this cell needs charging too thanks J.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starvation Mode [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! I came hear to ask for some advice, if possible;) I am 23 years old and have been struggling with eating disorders since my 16 when I had anorexia. When I was 18 I started eating 1200 calories a day and got better, didn`t gain muc weight and everything was doing fine. In 2 years time, I...

Starvation mode [ 3 Answers ]

Help!! I'm in starvation mode. I severely reduced my calorie intake to under600cals. I have been eating 600cals for ages, lost a little weight, but found that I compensated with little cals by binging. Now if I eat a little more than 600cals I gain weight. What should I do??

How to get out of starvation mode? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been in starvation mode 8-9months now and I;ve been working on getting out for 2months. In the beginning I was only eating 700-900 calories a day and exercising 2 hours a day. I've been trying to get out of starvation mode by eating 1200-1500 clories a day and exercising only 20-30 minutes. I...

Starvation Mode [ 4 Answers ]

Can eating a few grapes every three hours and then eating a normal meal for dinner cause starvation mode to kick in?

Starvation Mode [ 3 Answers ]

How long does it take for your body to go into starvation mode?

View more questions Search