Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melinda Posts: 102, Reputation: 20

Oct 28, 2006, 01:53 PM
    Washer
    I have an 8 yr old inglis washer, can anyone tell me why it leaks... terribly... for the first load? If I do 6 loads in one day, it leaks like crazy (flood) for the first load and is OK for the next five. The next day, same thing, the first load will flood... any after is OK... any idea's?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Oct 29, 2006, 05:41 AM
    Sounds like the drain line that lets water out of the machine (this line is NOT part of the washer, rather it's the line that runs from the washer to the outside of your home), might be stopped up, maybe tree roots, other debris clogging the line. What makes me think this is that you say the first load is OK, and then it clogs on the 2nd, 3rd, loads, right ?

Oct 29, 2006, 07:04 AM
    No, the opposite, the first load floods, then any others after that is OK... I could do 10 more loads with no flooding, but if I wait say 24 hours and do another load, it will flood...
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 29, 2006, 07:17 AM
    That's really weird. If I may ask... where is the water leaking from when it does do this?

From the bottom of the tub?
    Is it overfilling on the first load only?

The solution would be first locating where the leak is coming from.

I know you can't very well see under the tub while its running, but if it were that puzzling and I really wanted to know Id set it up on blocks or something so I could observe it in its running posistion.

We'll have to find out at least where the water is leaking from, other than that we're only drawing straws.

Oct 29, 2006, 07:19 AM
    We're about to find out, I'm going to run a small empty load and watch it all the way through, I don't think it's over flowing, because it will also do it on small loads, and I know it's at the first draining just before fill up and rince cycle... I'll be back to post where it's leaking from as soon as we do this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer will not drain [ 14 Answers ]

Hi- I am hoping someone can help me fix my top-load washer. I washed a cotton quilt batting that fell apart into a thousand "wads" of cotton of various sizes and lenths. I pulled out as many as I could, including some from the drain holes in the washer tub. Now the washer will not drain. I...

Smell behind washer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here and I've recently started to have a smell behind my washer. At first I was told it was sweage smell but was later told it was stall urine.(I don't want either one). The smell seemed to be coming from the pipe that the washer discharges water into. Behind the washer I have...

Washer tub [ 2 Answers ]

I recently put in a new sink for my washing machine and thought I hooked everything up all right but the grey pipe with the little small white thing on it going from my hot water tap to the hot water pipe is leaking as well is the cold am I missing something or am I supposed to glue them together....

Washer Backup! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey Everyone I Am New To The Site Because I Have A Big Problem! I Live In The Country Where I Have Septic Tank And The Water Drains Into A Pipe Underground That Eventually Goes To A Field Tile. I Recentely Installed A New Washer And Dryer And Did All The Hookups Myself. The Dryer Is Working...

My washer... My washer... OH! My washer... [ 1 Answers ]

Dear all, I have a Kenmore Sensor Smart washer Three Speed... Automatic... with Catalyst... that It is with us since we bought the house (19 months ago... ). Today, it decided not to work... It can fill with water but sometimes it doen´t wash the clothes (the tub is not moving) and sometimes it...

View more questions Search