Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrwelsh23 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 04:59 AM
    Rvhost.exe missing file
    I have recently started getting a windows message every time I log on saying rvhost.exe missing. Can someone please tell me how I go about fixing this problem as the rest of the internet does not seem to be particularly helpful.

Cheers

J
    samuelvista Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 07:10 AM

Try this:
    Start - RUN - MSCONFIG - Click OK
    In the System configuration window,
    Click the STARTUP tab
    Disable all
    Apply - Close
    Restart and check
    Let me know the status

Sep 12, 2009, 01:43 PM
    It didn't let me sign into the internet to let you know what happened unless I allowed it to reinstall from a restart point. I went back as far as I could (which was Jun 09) and when I rebooted the message that the rvhost.exe was still missing was still there. I don't know if it makes any difference but I do not have administrator rights to my laptop when I press, alt+ctrl+ del. Not sure wh ythis should be the case as it is my personal laptop and nobody else's.

Thanks very much for your time and effort. I llok forward to your next tip. Why can I not download rvhost.exe and then reinstall it on my computer or is it a virus type file.
    J

Sep 13, 2009, 04:48 AM

When you Try to open Task Manager if it says that it has been disabled by Administrator, there could be some possible spyware issues.
    Download and install the "MALWARE BYTES" and perform a Quick scan/Full scan. Remove the infections found and restart the computer and check. That will give you Administrator rights. But for the RVHOST.EXE issue you need to try what I said earlier.

Download link: Malwarebytes.org

Sep 13, 2009, 11:42 AM
    I did what you said but when I rebooted it would only let me recover from a start point 3 months ago and I guess the rvhost.exe thing occurred before that. It is still showing. Thanks for the other link though. Sorted problem nicely.

Sep 14, 2009, 11:53 PM

About the RVHOST.exe message at the startup, I never asked you to do a System restore and Restore to an earlier point. Follow the steps carefully again.

Start - Run - Type "Msconfig" and click OK
    At the top, Clik the "STARTUP" - Clk "Disable All"
    Clk APPLY and Clk Close
    Restart the computer and check

Sep 16, 2009, 10:15 AM
    I did has you said and when it restarted it basically started me back up in a selective mode where I could not gain access to internet etc. RVGHOST.exe still appeared. I restarted a couple more times and then switched back to normal mode; RVGHOST.exe still appeared. I don't seem to be progressing. Is there another step to take.

Sep 16, 2009, 11:42 PM

When you started this thread, you have mentioned as "RVHOST.exe". Now you say "RVGHOST.exe". Which is the correct one?

Sep 17, 2009, 06:12 PM
    Rvhost.exe it was a typo
    theboleslaw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 09:21 PM
    I've got that problem too RVHOST.exe missing T_T

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MIssing File [ 2 Answers ]

When I start up my computer a message say that it cannot find the APVXDWIN:EXE file. Therefore thewre is an error. Where can I look for it to install it again

Windows cannot find the missing file RVHOST.EXE). [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... whenever I logon on my windows I get a message says (Windows cannot find the missing file RVHOST.EXE). Please advice me how to slove this problem OK?because I'm suffer from this problem:"

Another Startup Error "missing RVHOST.EXE" [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... whenever I logon on my windows I get a message says (Windows cannot find the missing file RVHOST.EXE). Please advice me to solve this problem without formating. Thanks.

Missing file [ 2 Answers ]

Missing file snmaster.idx for AOL 9.0 How can I download this file. Aol cannot help by telling me to just reload the disc... doesnt work. Thanks for any help.

View more questions Search