Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doorop Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 01:48 AM
    John Deere LX178 power loss
    John Deere LX178 has power loss after blades are engaged. Runs fine if blades are not engaged
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 09:02 AM

Hi,
    You are running on only one cylinder. Valve train is the most common cause of that family of engines. You can use a pair of insulated pliers to find which to check. Crank engine, hood open or removed, pull one plug terminal; if engines dies, that is the side it is running on. If it continues to run, that is the side it is not running on.
    Ignition is only about 5% the culprit on the water-cooled Kawasaki.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blade Belt Fix on John Deere LX178 Lawn Tractor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a John Deere riding lawn tractor model LX178. I was riding it down the gravel driveway when I hit a rock and the blade belt came out of the housing. I do not have a diagram on how to wind it back in place. Would anyone be able to give me instructions on how to fix it as I need to cut the...

Change belt on john deere lx178 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change the blade belt on the john deere lx178?

John Deere LX178 float sticking [ 1 Answers ]

My LX178 runs like sh-t. I have replaced the float, cleaned the carb. Replaced the hoses. After running for about 20 minutes it starts to spuder and backfire. Gas comes out of the over flow hose. I lose all power. I have taken to the dealer twice, it runs fine a couple times then right back to the...

View more questions Search