Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brittanymommy08 Posts: 183, Reputation: 5

Sep 12, 2009, 10:21 AM

Yeah, I have even done spicy foods
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 10:43 AM

This one is all yours J-9,but I was wondering if the baby would react to loud noises to get him to kick,loud music or if the op reads or sings,the baby would feel the vibration?

Sep 12, 2009, 10:49 AM

I don't know, I've tried everything everyone said and nothing, I'm going to the doctor Monday if still nothing
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by brittanymommy08 View Post
    i don't know, i've tried everything everyone said and nothing, i'm going to the doctor monday if still nothing
    Hey,don't wait until Monday if your not feeling well or the baby's movements slow down more..

I wish you the best of luck.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 11:32 AM
    i don't know, i've tried everything everyone said and nothing, i'm going to the doctor monday if still nothing
    I would take a trip to the emergency room.It is better to be safe than sorry.
    The baby could be in some kind of fetal distress.

Sep 12, 2009, 04:39 PM

He moving a little bit but not much I have done nothing but sleep all day the pains are worst like the pressure harder this has been hard on me I'm trying not worry but this is my child
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 04:43 PM
    he moving a little bit but not much I have done nothing but sleep all day the pains are worst like the pressure harder this has been hard on me im trying not worry but this is my child
    Call the hospital and talk to a labor and delivery nurse.OR an ER doctor and they will advise you.
    Best of luck dear,please try to stay calm and make that call.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 04:45 PM
    he moving a little bit but not much I have done nothing but sleep all day the pains are worst like the pressure harder this has been hard on me im trying not worry but this is my child
    Once you get past a certain point they may not be able to stop your labor and you may have to deliver early.
    Make the call.
    I am in no way a medical profession,this is just life experience talking.55 years of it.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 04:53 PM
    Have you been taking Lamaze/birthing classes? If so, the breathing techniques can really help even if you aren't in labor.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Have you been taking Lamaze/birthing classes? If so, the breathing techniques can really help even if you aren't in labor.
    I taught my kids that when they were little and had a boo boo.
    It is very calming and relaxes you and gives oxygen to the baby as well with the cleansing breaths.
    Great suggestion!

Sep 12, 2009, 05:49 PM

Thank you much.
    And no I have took any classes.

Sep 12, 2009, 05:51 PM

I have another question.
    My milk has come in could that be a sign of anything. My boobs are starting to hurt they feel a lot better when I take a hot shower, I didn't have these problems with my little girl and this pregnancy is ben hard I have so many new questions.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 06:15 PM

Don't take very hot showers.The baby is already in a warm place,that does not need to get any warmer.
    I had a little milk before my delivery but nothing significant.
    Did you call the ER?
    You really need to do that!

Sep 12, 2009, 06:34 PM

My doctor said my beast milk coming in is normal and since my kids are almost less than a year apart it's very normal.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 06:37 PM
    my doctor said my beast milk coming in is normal and since my kids are almost less than a year apart it's very normal.
    When you talked to your doctor what did he say about the other problems you are having?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 06:38 PM
    Is there anyone there to help you? A 10 month old baby doesn't count. :)

Try taking several slow deep breaths. Taking them in slowly and letting them out slowly. Have you heard of going to "your happy place"? Think of something you enjoy. It can be a place, a person, etc. Keep it in mind while you breathe. Let your body relax bit by bit. Hopefully that can help you calm down and maybe ease up some of the pain.

Part of the pain may be stretched tired muscles that need more oxygen. The breathing can help with that.

Is Jr still moving occasionally? He may be like my daughter and think that the pelvis a pillow. That was after she decided that my ribs were a seat cushion.

I still think if you are worried that a call to someone who knows your medical history may be an idea. It would probably be better if you physically had someone check and make sure that Jr is not getting stressed.

Editted to clarify something.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 06:57 PM
    Brittany, sorry I haven't answered in so long I have been sleeping as I work 7pm-7am I sleep days.

As far as the shower. Stop the hot showers... Don't let the stream from the shower touch your nipples. Nipple stimulation releases oxytocin, which in turn can start your labor early. No intercourse at all until you see your doctor, preferably not at all until about 38 to 39 weeks gestation.

As another member asked... noise/vibration, etc... vibration of the abdomen itself (electric razor, vibrator etc) can indeed cause the baby to wake and move around, however, that's not a good indication of fetal well being.

Brittany, I would advise you, since you do have concerns that are valid to me, to go to the hospital. The ER will send you up to the labor and delivery department where they will do a NST... Non Stress Test, to determine your baby's heartbeat. We need to not only feel and see the movements, but the fluctuations in the heart rate will determine how your baby is doing.

Now, get off the computer and go get checked out. Don't wait until Monday.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 06:57 PM

The vicodin for pain could be slowing him down.
    I missed that part of the post.
    Why are you taking Vicodin,that is a strong narcotic?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    The vicodin for pain could be slowing him down.
    I missed that part of the post.
    Why are you taking Vicodin,that is a strong narcotic?
    Vicodin/Lortab is approved in the end stages of pregnancy, just not the first trimester. Yes, it will put the baby into a sleep stage.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Brittany, sorry I haven't answered in so long I have been sleeping as I work 7pm-7am I sleep days.

As far as the shower. Stop the hot showers....Don't let the stream from the shower touch your nipples. Nipple stimulation releases oxytocin, which in turn can start your labor early. No intercourse at all until you see your doctor, preferably not at all until about 38 to 39 weeks gestation.

As another member asked......noise/vibration, etc....vibration of the abdomen itself (electric razor, vibrator etc) can indeed cause the baby to wake and move around, however, that's not a good indication of fetal well being.

Brittany, I would advise you, since you do have concerns that are valid to me, to go to the hospital. The ER will send you up to the labor and delivery department where they will do a NST...Non Stress Test, to determine your baby's heartbeat. We need to not only feel and see the movements, but the fluctuations in the heart rate will determine how your baby is doing.

Now, get off the computer and go get checked out. Don't wait until Monday.
    Thank-you my dear!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

5 weeks pregnant and he wants the baby [ 4 Answers ]

What it is I am 5 weeks pregnant with a bloke and he wants to take me to court for full custordy of my child! Which I find very sick as I have 2 children already.. has he any rights because he has apperently spoke to his solicitors and social care and seems very sure he will get the baby... even...

37 weeks, baby not yet dropped [ 1 Answers ]

I am 37 weeks pregnant. My baby has not yet dropped down. In fact her favorite position is just under my right rib cage. Any idea when the big "drop" will happen? Or what can I do to help my baby drop and engage? Just so you know, I suffered from extreme vomiting throughout my pregnancy... even...

I lost my dad 2 weeks before having my baby [ 2 Answers ]

I was told after 3 years of trying for a baby that I had only a 1% chance of ever having children due to medical problems. I was deverstated as I always wanted children, as was my husband. The one person who was there for both of us was my dad. He and my mum had been divorced since I was 6 but I...

28 weeks pregnant, baby not moving lot than used to be? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, Its been a long time since I check on this website and the last question was my mornnig sickness in Sept.. This Sat, I will be 28 weeks and guess what, my morning sickness has stopped since 16th weeks of pregnant.. thank god for that!! When I was morning sickness, I lost 11 lbs. And now I...

View more questions Search