Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 11, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Global Monopoly - Anyone else playing ?
    Global Monopoly - Monopoly City Streets Property empire building on an unimaginable scale

Toymaker Hasbro is preparing to launch a world-encompassing live version of Monopoly using Google Maps as its game board.

Having clearly missed the memo that both Apple and The Beatles are making a ruckus in the news Wednesday, Hasbro's Monopoly City Streets plans to dust off the dice tomorrow and will run until the end of January 2010.

The game's official site dubs the stunt a "world of property empire building on an unimaginable scale" — and it will use something a bit different from the traditional Monopoly rule set.

Google Maps reborn as world's largest Monopoly board ? The Register
    I've been on from Day1 (9/9), but they seriously underestimated the number of people that wanted to play.
    The servers fairly melted after being hit by 1.7 MILLION users on the first day.
    Admittedly they have been working hard and it's now getting to a playable state.
    Due to the various "glitchs" and general slow response times, the games is due to be restarted some time next week.

Further updates are available on the Blog: Monopoly City Streets

So am I the only person playing or are there other AMHDers around and battling the slow servers?

Did you manage to purchase the streets you wanted and how are you doing?

So far I own most of the village I live in and have a "worth" of M$8 mill.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Hey, Ben!

I'll check it out, but I think that my present connection is going to be too slow! I will be house and dog-sitting next week though, and will have access to a much faster connection via another computer.

I love Monopoly! But, is that one like the original Monopoly?

Thanks!
    BossMan

Sep 15, 2009, 01:57 PM
    This is nothing like the original board game, but still good for a laugh.

They are due to do a restart in a few days due to start up teething problems.
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2009, 01:59 PM
    Okay, thanks!

I will be checking it out. I wish that my main computer would at least START! Then I could get back to being on the WI-FI connection.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Does a person actually play against real people in the game?

Thanks!
    BossMan

Sep 15, 2009, 02:06 PM
    Yes indeedy
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2009, 02:23 PM
    You know what, I'm *not * going to check it out 'cause I'll probably really like it... then what? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is monopoly? [ 3 Answers ]

What is monopoly?

Monopoly market [ 2 Answers ]

What is monopoly

What is Monopoly [ 2 Answers ]

What is monopoly? Is it possible that a monopolist charges any price for a product? Give reasons for your answer.

Monopoly [ 5 Answers ]

Hello experts: You played Monopoly when you were a kid. You knew the rules too. Of course you did. And, Monopoly is just a game. Why do you think that adults, who are playing REAL LIFE Monopoly as landlords, don't bother to learn the rules? excon

View more questions Search