Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 10:27 PM
    Just want to echo Chuffs words Geoff. Ive been here from beginning to present of your little journey and even from your first post when you were obviously still in so much pain, you exuded a personality type and good guy attitude that just told most of us straight away that you would be fine. In fact although no doubt still a sad experience I'm sure you will agree that what it has done for you as far as growing as a person goes has been invaluable. I know that feeling myself.

And the best part is that your still here helping people with great advice and sympathetic words that most others can't offer.

Well done Geoff. I bet you had enough of us brown noses for one day so ill get back to trying to help those that need it. Cause you sure don't anymore.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 01:09 AM
    Well done mate! Wish I was at your stage now... : (
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Jun 14, 2007, 01:56 AM
    Yeah Geoff is amazing! What a sweet guy.
    This thread is amazing all right when you read back on it.
    kay13 Posts: 103, Reputation: 22

Jun 14, 2007, 02:11 AM
    You have been an inspriation Geoff, it's great to see how far you've come and how much you have helped others heal, a sign of a wonderful person. X
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Thank you all for your kind words. AMHD was part and parcel of my progress and I thank it and it's members for that. Funny, but I think that it partly helped me open my mind again.

+ I never banged on so much in years.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffersonairplane
    I never banged on so much in years.
    I didn't know we were helping you do that to... Wait I think bang means something different in the UK then it does in the US! :D
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 01:11 AM
    I do quite like partaking in some banging myself on occasions!
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    I didn't know we were helping you do that to......Wait I think bang means something different in the UK then it does in the US! :D
    What does banging on mean in the us then or does it depend which state you live in?

I sense dιjΰ vu.

I swear I had this conversation before with someone.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 06:37 AM
    Bang means to have sex... Bang another girl... Banged her from the back... Catch my drift?
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 06:39 AM
    I suppose if I said I was banging more than I had ever in years, the brits might interpret that in a naughty brit way, but banging on is a bit more specific I suppose.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by emopunk7
    Bang means to have sex...Bang another girl...Banged her from the back...Catch my drift?
    I know that... :p

But Banging on does not mean that.

Banging on means well, banging on basically.

Like waffling on... Like when someone is talking non stop to themselves and think you are listening and then you (not you personally) rudely say "what are you banging on about?"

But you would not say "what are you banging?" because that would not make sense and would also be an intrusion of their privacy.

Besides, I suppose it should be if used in those terms, "who are you banging?" not what..

See, this is banging on.

But Chuff said that he thinks banging means something different in the states whether it be banging or to bang or banging on.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 06:45 AM
    What am I banging on about :confused:
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 08:16 PM
    I know that....:p

But Banging on does not mean that.

Banging on means well, banging on basically.
    Yes! Geoff got lucky and is going to tell us all the details. Who did you bang and what did you bang her on?

Like waffling on....
    The issues? Oh so you were banging an politician who was waffling on the issues.

Like when someone is talking non stop to themself and think you are listening and then you (not you personally) rudely say "what are you banging on about?"
    Someone talking non stop to themselves. Yeah it definitely was a politian.

But you would not say "what are you banging?" because that would not make sense and would also be an intrusion of their privacy.

Besides, I suppose it should be if used in those terms, "who are you banging?" not what..
    If you were banging rosie o'donnel what and not who would be an appropriate question.

In the UK would you even know who that guy is?

See, this is banging on...
    Is it good for you, it is for me.

But Chuff said that he thinks banging means something different in the states whether it be banging or to bang or banging on.
    Sounds like a lot of banging on about banging.
    Andreas_111 Posts: 28, Reputation: 0

Jun 16, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Your case is very characteristic. Something similar happent to me too. Your woman is imature and most importanly UNSTABLE. Mabey you should see the signs before and break up with her earlier!
    Women are supposed to be sensitive and emotional but in the end many times they are very cruel! Many of them treat men like rubish, don't care about their feelings and play with them! Then they come back feeling sorry and apologizing, but what for; the damage is done. They heart you so much. Are they worth your sympathy, so that to heart you again later??
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 03:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas_111
    Your case is very characteristic. Something similar happent to me too. Your woman is imature and most importanly UNSTABLE. Mabey you should see the signs before and break up with her earlier!
    Women are supposed to be sensitive and emotional but in the end many times they are very cruel! Many of them treat men like rubish, dont care about their feelings and play with them! Then they come back feeling sorry and apologizing, but what for; the damage is done. They heart you so much. Are they worth your sympathy, so that to heart you again later???
    Thanks for the reply on this Andreas_111

Yeah.. You are right, I did learn a lot from this one as I keep saying LOL. The only way is up and forward after something like that and I hope the other newbies on here remember that.

It is only oneself that can prevent oneself from making positive progress.

I learned that after all this, I had more control on the situation than I first thought. Talking about the actions I took to help me heal after the breakup.
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 10:30 AM
    That is so key - Unstable and immature. Without the experience though would we have learnt? No. We have to see it as a blessing in disguise, a chance to grow as a person.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Geoff,

I don't know how the heck I missed this thread. But so glad I spotted it eventually. I can not even begin to tell you how happy you make my heart for being the person you are. I am not sure why, but tears with a smile, just stream down my face. I have no idea why, and probably should keep it to myself. But you as a person, and all of your healing, make me so happy. You give me faith in people once again.

I am struggling so much trying to find the words that will capture what I am feeling and wish to express.

You are just a precious human being. Oh, and the lucky one that finds her way into your heart, is just that, one lucky young lady. She'll appear when the time is right.

(…………………………………………………….) Space for the words that I just can't seem to find.

My very best to you,
    Allheart

p.s. I finally did get those brownies and they were awesome! They were from you... right? :eek:
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Wow, this thread keeps popping up to haunt me time and time again, in a nice way.. LOL

Thank you Allheart for your kind words, I did not realise you missed the thread. It did float into the background after a while obviously because of the progress I was making.

That's really nice of you to say all those things Allheart. :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    p.s. I finally did get those brownies and they were awesome!! They were from you....right? :eek:
    Oh.. Yes, the brownies that Val gave me the recipe for. They were in a bottle. The wind must have changed direction a few times, that's why they took so long. :)
    wap Posts: 177, Reputation: 54

Jul 11, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Mmm brownies sounds good! Anywhere there is chocolate and here I am!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Breakup [ 18 Answers ]

Heh everyone I just broke up with my ex about a month ago... we just needed some time apart.. so now that I am trying to reconcile things I find out that he is messin with another girl... not his girlfriend but someone he is talking to.. he says that I left him so it will be on his terms when we...

OBSESSED he was with someone during breakup [ 7 Answers ]

Last summer after me and my boyfriend broke up during a big stupid drunken fight. We were broken up for 3 weeks and even though I had plenty of opportunities to date others, I never did because I pretty much figured we would get back together and I felt like it would be cheating even though we were...

Breakup with friend [ 3 Answers ]

How do you explain to a friend that you have broken the relationship with another mutual friend (all women) without going into details or bad-mouthing?

Breakup... and then she comes back. [ 7 Answers ]

This is just a theoretical question. Imagine a girl wanting to break up, and after a few weeks she comes back, wanting to get back together. How do you react in such a situation? This topic didn't get much attention here. Of course, you do not answer her calls right away, and so on... but...

Breakup with Friend? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone can help me here. Background on me: 28 female, married with a 2 year old child. I have a friend that I went to college with and got back in contact with about 3 years ago. Right around that time I got pregnant, and I also got her a job at the company where I work. My...

View more questions Search