Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    horseproperties Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2009, 07:01 AM
    Getting a warranty deed if purchased with only a quit claim deed
    My question is regarding a quit claim deed on a property. If a home is purchased very cheap but only has a quit claim deed not a warranty deed. Can a warranty deed be acquired? Or will it always be sold under quit claim deed. Any way to get a warranty deed for a property?
    Thanks
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Sep 11, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Please provide a little more background. Why do you feel you need a warranty deed? Was a title search ever done? Was a title insurance policy purchased?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quit Claim or Warranty Deed [ 5 Answers ]

I'm considering purchasing a piece of property in Florida and I have some concerns regarding the deed. The seller purchased unimproved land in April 2001 and obtained a warranty deed. Prior to this, it had a quit claim deed resulting from a transfer in May 1994. Before this, the property had a...

Special warranty deed and quit claim deed what are they? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the difference bewtween the two and what is the purpose?

Quit claim to warranty deed? [ 1 Answers ]

If the history of deeds on a property is quit claim only, can the seller provide a warranty deed on the next transaction? Thanks

Warranty Deed vs. Quit Claim Deed [ 11 Answers ]

My aunt passed away recently and left her house to us (six nieces and nephews) since she and my uncle had no children. We are in the process of selling the house in Arkansas (we all live in Michigan) and are trying to deal with everything long distance. The lady from the Title Insurance...

Quit claim vs. Warranty deed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I live in Michigan. Last June I purchased my house from my dad. Fourteen years ago when he bought the property there was some other property that was omitted from the deed that in turn my aunt who lives next door says that she owns. She will not show a deed for this property the register of...

View more questions Search