Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmyAid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2009, 02:33 AM
    Can felt-tip art (unusual and inspired) make big money?
    I am a fluidly self-expressive artist with a particular (ultra speedy) style of my own (incorporating 'dancing' symbolised figures etc) plus a lesser line in multi coloured complex 'blocks' of colour that are very abstractly representational. I have never tried to seek an outlet for these except once when, despite a good frame, an auction house turned it down. I know it would be far easier for people to form a judgement if I could post an example but that is currently impossible and really I am looking for a guideline as to whether ANY artists out-there are currently respected (and paid!) for felt tip art. :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2009, 04:27 AM

Can you provide any photos of your artwork.

Just purely out of curiosity, if you do not want to post them then fell free not to.

I myself hold stalls at a local market and sell quite a few paintings, I sell mine unframed usually and gain around $100 per piece (depending on the size of the artwork)

You could also try selling some works on e-bay.

Depending on the particular images you could try asking a particular business if they could hang your paintings for sale.

Example: I mostly paint animal/wildlife art so I have asked my local vets if I can have a few pieces in his office for sale, as well as going along to dog shows and having a stall there.

If your artwork is mostly of dancers then perhaps you could try a few dance studios.

Even if they say no, it doesn't hurt to ask!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I make money under 18 [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 17 years old I'm making research on how to make a money on the web and get paid throw papal that way I wouldn't have to give out my personal info on the web for (social security etc.) what's your best opinion

How to make money [ 1 Answers ]

How can I/a 12 year old, make money? Don't say alowece.

View more questions Search