Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2009, 08:02 PM
    N-acetyl cysteine Percentage?
    I undertand that N-acetyl cysteine is the derivative of Cysteine and can help the body to produce glutathione, and known to be a great antioxidant. But, I have also read that large amounts of N-acetyl cysteine can possibly cause nerve damage, is this true?

What mg amount is best for the body without causing damage, also what percentage of vitamin C should be taken along with NAC in order for optimal results? And should a multi-mineral supplement be taken along with this to avoid essential minerals depletion (zinc, copper, etc)?

I am referring to the oral form, but topical forms are fine too. Thanks
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2009, 10:10 PM

I think that it has more to do with health and wellness... try posting there, the people used to medicines should be able to help you.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 03:17 PM
    Ok, thanks for answering. I'll try putting it there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Percentage and Annual percentage growth. Tricky [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm trying to work out the following question, but I am finding this question quite a struggle. I can find out the overall percentage for two sets of data for example year-to-year percentage growth, but I don't know how to even start this question, still no success! Here's the question:...

Acetyl groups [ 2 Answers ]

Fatty acids typically have an even number of carbons. They are catabolized by a process called beta-oxidation. The end-products of the metabolic pathway are acetyl groups of acetyl CoA molecules. What is the most likely fate of the acetyl groups?

Benoquin (Monobenzone), Meladerm, Cysteine Body Bleach, and Makari. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, My name is linksys2000. I am new to the "Ask Me Help Desk" forum, and site. Thanks for all of the information and perspectives. Somehow, this wealth of information leads to better decisions and ultimately thoughtful choices. So thanks to all of you for promoting this site and...

Pyruvate to acetyl CoA --Name of rxn? [ 5 Answers ]

Good morning, all you biochemists out there! What is the name of the reaction that converts pyruvate to acetyl CoA (just before the acetyl CoA enters the Krebs cycle). My understanding is that this conversion is not part of the Krebs cycle, nor part of glycolysis (splitting glucose into two...

View more questions Search