Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1017tweety Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 03:26 PM
    BEP ratio
    Total assets were 460,000 its operating cost were 362,500 and it interest charges were 12,500 what was the firm's- interest-earned (TIE)ratio?
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Sep 10, 2009, 04:02 PM
    Not enough info provided. TIE is

where EBIT is Net Income Before Interest Expense and Taxes.
    rehmanvohra Posts: 739, Reputation: 27

Sep 12, 2009, 12:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1017tweety View Post
    total assets were 460,000 its operating cost were 362,500 and it interest charges were 12,500 what was the firm's- interest-earned (TIE)ratio?
    I think tweety made a mistake in the opening line. It should be total sales and not assets. If this is the case, then the formula given by Arcsine can be applied.
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Sep 12, 2009, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rehmanvohra View Post
    I think tweety made a mistake in the opening line. It should be total sales and not assets.
    That certainly looks like a reasonable possibility. When I originally opened with "not enough info" I was thinking maybe something like "asset turnover" had been omitted--given the asset turnoover ratio, along with total assets, the sales could be derived.

But a simple erroneous replacement of "assets" for "sales" by Tweety seems like a good possibility as well. In any event, Tweety, check your question and post back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial ratio limitations - current ratio and debt to equity [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem which is as follows; Contracts with lenders, such as bonds typically place restrictions on the financial statement ratios. Two commonly used ratios are the current ratio and the debt-to-equity ratio. Why is it that these appear as restrictions, that is, do they protect the...

Current ratio against acid ratio [ 1 Answers ]

Why current ratio is increasing while the acid ratio is decreasing

View more questions Search