Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdh4200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 12:57 PM
    How to get a grant for school
    Hi about 6yrs ago I got a felony charge for possession of a controlled substance and have been cleen ever since and I didn't do any time it was my first and only offence I want to know if I can receive a grant to learn a trade and how I would go about getting it if it is possible
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2009, 01:52 PM

Many grants are not available to people with felony drug convictions, including many (all?) government programs.

There are none specifically for felons. Contact the financial aid department of your school for the best resources on what may be available to you.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2009, 12:48 AM
    Hi, tdh4200!

You say that you got a felony charge. But, were you convicted?

Thanks!
    amber7399 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 11:39 AM
    How can you tell people that there are specifically no grants for felons ana then say that its from your personal experience and check with your financial aid
    amber7399 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 11:41 AM
    I would like to hear yor perspective on how I can find a grant. My felony charge is larceny of motor vehicle
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amber7399 View Post
    how can you tell people that there are specifically no grants for felons ana then say that its from your personal experience and check with your financial aid
    I didn't say there are specifically no grants for felons. I said there are no grants specifically FOR felons. There are a large number of grants available and some of them a felon is not barred from getting. Many of them will be dependent on what the felony is. The financial aid department is the best resource in finding what might be available to a felon or any other student seeking aid.

As for the 'personal experience', that is a standard signature that many regulars use to mitigate liability, particularly when giving legal advice, which is my main focus on this site. It has nothing to do with the response to this or any other question.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2009, 12:22 AM
    Hi, amber7399!

Are you looking for how to get a grant to go to school? That's what this thread is about, according to the title.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a felon get a grant to go to school? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm rather new to the site so bear with me.. I am a convicted felon still on probation and due to my charges jobs aren't really to keen on hiring... at least good jobs anyway.. all I'm trying to do is straighten up my life and go to school I am 21 and have no post high school education.. I was just...

School grant to go back to school [ 3 Answers ]

I am a single 48 yr old lady and I don't have mean to just go back to school but I work as a nursing asst but would like to know how to go back to school is there any grants that will help me do so?

Barber school grant [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get a grant for barber school

Does anyone know how to get a grant for a high school student. [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to send my daughter and perhaps my son to a private christian school. If there are grants out there for high school students to get, then I would definitely like to take advantage of that for both of my high school students. Toija1972

G E D school grant [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get a grant for a ged, online and how

View more questions Search