Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mulani Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 12:33 PM
    Is it OK to be let go for Boss' family?
    I was working at a café for 10 months... After my shift one day the owner needed to talk to me. No problem. She explained that her daughter wanted to work there and to make room for her she would have to let me go. She explained that I did a great job and she had nothing against me, she just wanted to let her daughter have yet another shot at serving there. She let me know that if her daughter flaked out on her again, she would call me back. Obviously this puts more strain on me than needed. My feelings were hurt because I cared so much for the business and my customers. I had no warning and support my family alone.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2009, 12:45 PM

Legally its OK... Ethically... its really messed up. Nepotism is a horrible way to run a business and you are probably better off without them. If she comes running back to you, tell her where to go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

View more questions Search