Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greg W Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Toilet Flange
    I broke my toilet flange and want to know where I could get a flange extension kit to make sure it is above the tile floor. I tried 3 wax rings this time and it was still low. When I tightened it to the floor I broke the flange.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 10, 2009, 10:31 AM

You can add PVC spacer rings but I need to know how badly you broke the flange, any chance of a picture? I do not recommend 2 wax rings let alone 3, you got to add spacers to get the new flange just about flush with the surface of the new floor. This might be right up your alley. http://www.set-rite.com/
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 10, 2009, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    I broke my toilet flange and want to know where I could get a flange extension kit to make sure it is above the the tile floor. I tried 3 wax rings this time and it was still low. When I tightened it to the floor I broke the flange.
    First repair that broken flange with a flange repair kit, (see image) then bring it up to the floor level with a set of flange extenders.(see image).
    Greg W Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Flange extender
    I like the extender but where do I buy one?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 10, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    where do I get the Flange extender?
    Most big box stores carry them. If not then a plumbing shop. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Flange and Rocking Toilet [ 9 Answers ]

Hi. We had a leak in our toilet so we had to pull out the wood floor. We are getting ready to replace the wood, but want to ensure we can solve the issue. We had issues with our toilet rocking and the last plumber just doubled up the wax rings and then caulked around the base of the toilet...

Toilet flange bolts make toilet sit at wrong angle [ 2 Answers ]

Previous owners put a bathroom in the rec room. When they installed the toilet flange (to the sewer) it was not aligned with the wall. The toilet sits at a crooked angle, not aligned to the wall. After removing the toilet - the flange that holds the toilet bolt-downs needs to be rotated so...

Looking for good Advise on replacing toilet flange on concrete slab to install toilet [ 26 Answers ]

To whom it may concern: I got a problem with a toilet that has been rocking and twisting for quite some time until it started leaking and what now I pull up the toilet to find out that the flange is broken on one side. I tried that flange plate from home depo but it won't work because the slab is...

Cast iron toilet flange the bolt holes will not hold how do we fix it and the flange [ 1 Answers ]

We have a cast iron flange and the bolt holes are not useable can we cut off the top and add a new plastic flange

View more questions Search