Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2009, 05:09 AM
    I'm not so sure any more
    I used to believe that people wernt psychic, OK yes sometimes they could seem it, but they were predicting what would happen based on calculated odd or by what's happened in past experiences, but with reading this I'm not really sure anymore.

Illusionist claims Lotto success - , - Latest news & weather forecasts - MSN News UK

What does everyone else make of this?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2009, 05:18 AM
    Lot of people are calling the old split-camera trick. Anyway he's supposed to reveal how he did the trick on Friday. No there are no psychics.
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2009, 05:21 AM

Thanks NK
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2009, 05:30 AM
    Tomorrow should be interesting. Think about it though - why would the BBC allow this - because they are aware of the illusion and it is a big ratings draw.
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2009, 05:42 AM

True, but he did do it on channel 4, so the bbc wouldn't have gotten any bigger ratings than usual really, plus if he is going to reveal how he did it tomorrow, a lot of people are going to try and copy his method, so I'm now wondering what's going to be the catch.
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2009, 06:18 AM
    The catch is that you need some pretty expensive technology to do live split-screen. Here's a guy who does it at home though: YouTube - Split screen technique

Here's an explanation of Derren's illusion: YouTube - Derren Brown - Lottery prediction explained ... + *Proof* HD lotto scam and trick Events
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2009, 09:19 AM

Clever :), personally though when the video was trying to highlight the difference I didn't notice any change at all :o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search