Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammer24 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Help with taking pictures at night in lighted stadium
    My son plays football for our local High School and I just recently bought a Kodak Easy Share Z650 Digital Camera. I am not new to the digital camera world but for some reason when taking pictures at this stadium I get all dark photos! What am I doing wrong? I have set my camera on all settings and still nothing. Anyhow on how to resolve this would make me a happy proud mom again:)
    DwightB Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Nov 26, 2006, 09:41 PM
    Read the manual. One problem, your subject is probably too far away for the flash to have any effect, even in the telephoto mode, your limit is 6.6 to 12.1 feet. You should use the "fill" setting (lightning bolt without the "A") This allows the shutter to stay open to gather available light, but also flashes to freeze nearby action. Because the shutter will be open longer, be sure to hold the camera steady.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Dec 14, 2006, 11:05 AM
    Kodak Easy Share Z650 Digital Camera

There is a flash setting and a 5 way switch that has sport mode move the switch to sport.
    Kodak Easy Share Z650 Digital Camera handles family fun stuff like children, party, beach, flower, fireworks, snow, backlight, and close up, night portrait, landscape, night landscape, museum/manner(some), text, self portrait, portrait, sport, and night (night and night landscape meaning some light at sunset lightening)

The aperture (the lens opening) when in telescopic mode is set at f-stop f/3.7–f/8. However, look at the window in the back of camera and set one f setting to f/4 take a shot and then take another f/stop until you get the right setting for the available lighting. Do this before the game. There is nothing more irritating than having to find the right setting with out a light meter.

The Kodak camera you have is not bad but a limitation more than less. There is a need for the optical lens to be in zoom mode when taking any sport picks and the pixels are at least 271 meaning 271 lines for an expanding up to a size 11x14 picture. The higher the pixels count the better the shot. Recommend a camera with a higher and adjustable system; you will get that perfect or better than normal shots.

Remember you did not purchase a medium that is considered of professional standards. Some systems (cameras) do have the professional software and filters within the camera to give you the picture you want. I personally use two brands of cameras one Pentax and the other Canon. Kodak is new in the field of digital works so, its product will improve as the years or months come.

Spots on the picture could be a filter problem with in the camera and filter attachments are encouraged (if available for the camera). Or better yet when downloading your work use an Adobe Photoshop and clean the images or repair the images. [If, you can please scan the images and place it with your question, so, analyzing of the problem could be correct and to the point. ]

I have volumes of errors that I kept to remind me of my errors and what I did to correct my errors (with a lot help from my friends).

Finally, for an effective sport image use a 10 megapixel. If, Kodak does not make one then my suggestion is to purchase either a Pentax with zoom lens attachments.
    or Canon Rebel XTi with zoom lens attachments. The cost will be around 799. Or 899 with attachments.
    REMMURER Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Dec 15, 2006, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tammer24
    My son plays football for our local High School and I just recently bought a Kodak Easy Share Z650 Digital Camera. I am not new to the digital camera world but for some reason when taking pictures at this stadium I get all dark photos! What am I doing wrong? I have set my camera on all settings and still nothing. Anyhow on how to resolve this would make me a happy proud mom again:)
    You should be able to correct it with the settings. My father is a football photographer for the university of Georgia so it must be in the settings. The stadium has usually enough light. Which is why you never see flashbulbs going off on the sideline at night during a big college football game. You don't want to blind a receiver from making a game winning catch with flashbulbs.
    bluemonster Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 06:14 PM

Also try raising the ISO setting to allow the image sensor to capture more light. Be aware that this could create noisy images but give it a go. You might be happy with the result.
    (The higher the ISO setting the higher the sensitivity/ speed at which the sensor records light).
    KDMaker Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Jan 31, 2010, 09:22 PM

The Kodak camera has a light meter. It uses it in almost any mode. The problem is that it also is expecting the flash to do some good, but the range is too short for this. Turn up the ISO, and turn off the flash. You will lose some quality at higher ISO. Professionals use huge lenses with much wider apertures, and much larger sensors on DSLR cameras, for higher quality in lower light. Try moving the camera with the action as you take the picture. With luck the subject will be sharp, and the ground will be a streak of blur.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lighted switch flickers [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, We purchased and installed two lighted lightswitches (switches light up when off) in the same switch plate. It has two switches. One of the switches works appropriately. The other lighted switch flickers/flashes. We replaced the lighted switch with a new one, and it still flickers. Could...

Lighted Crossbow Nocks [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to make a lighted nock for a crossbow and want to know if any one out there has tried this and if so let me know how you made out. Thanks

3 Rivers Stadium Final Season Glass [ 1 Answers ]

I recently (and accidentally I SWEAR) broke my dad's collectible "Three Rivers Stadium Final Season" Glass. I believe it was a pint glass, and it had the words in white on the glass: Final Season *Picture of Three Rivers Stadium* Three Rivers Stadium 1970 - 2000 I have...

Major League Stadium Dugouts [ 2 Answers ]

In Wrigley Field and Dodgers Stadium the home team dugout is on the third base side of the field. I was wondering if there are any other active stadiums in which that is the case.

Lighted address sign [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question. If not, I apologize but I didn't see anything more fitting. I'm getting ready to install a lighted address sign on the front of my house and was wondering if there is any code as to the placement of the sign? Thanks... RC

View more questions Search