Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dennyb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 05:45 AM
    Gateway Laptop Screen Flicker
    I have a Gateway laptop just over a year old that will occasionally have a screen flicker that changes the brightness. It’s almost as if the power supply was unplugged and the system went into battery management reducing the brightness and then will return to bright. We move the computer around to bring full brightness back but I can’t say for sure what we do to make it return to normal.
    ladeau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 06:39 PM
    I had the same problem and solved it as follows. Since there is an intelock that turns the monitor off when the laptop lid is down, or almost down, I guessed that perhaps that interlock, which must be somewhere in the lid's hinge, may be dirty. All I did was rapidly move the monitor back and forth. I moved it about 10-12", quickly, maybe 25 times. To my surprise, that did the trick! That was a month ago and the flicker hasn't returned.

Good luck. Hope it works for you, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop mouse won't move cursor on screen [ 5 Answers ]

Using a Toshiba laptop only 1 year old. Turned it back on today and I cannot get the built in mouse to move the cursor on the screen. I can navigate using tab and made it to the Control Panel then Mouse. It did not display anything as far as any mouse driver being installed. How can I get this...

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

Screen flicker problem! [ 2 Answers ]

I am having some trouble with my laptop (Dell Inspiron 8100/WinXP Home), namely a really irritating flicker on the screen. The best way to describe it is that it looks like bands of buzzing pixels covering the entire screen. So if my menu bar is dark purple, I see flashes of pink. After a few...

View more questions Search