Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Newbie82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2009, 02:56 PM
    "mandatory" disclosure of government assistance?
    Hello Everyone!

An employee/friend came to me with an HR question about her second job (not with our company) and as we discussed it, it seems a bit wrong that her second company would request this from her. They said, that she would have to fill out a form disclosing any government assistance programs she is utilizing. First off, she isn't, so it's not an issue of her own personal privacy, but it piquéd my interest that they would have requested this of her. She was thinking maybe the small company got some sort of incentive for hiring those "in need", but, it still sounds a little fishy.

Any thoughts on this? Is this legal? Thanks in advance for any advice!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 9, 2009, 03:03 PM

What type of job was she applying for.

But you are correct in having your interest piqued. I don't see how this could affect her job, though it might. But unless it does, then it would not be a valid question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

Salary "unwritten" mandatory 45+ hours. [ 1 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee in WA. When I accepted the job I was working 40 hours, plus if we had to work late for a job. After a month or so being on salary I was told I had to start coming in early, that it was required I worked 45+ hours. I haven't gotten any bonuses or overtime and haven't...

I need assistance with "waiver of probate" form [ 2 Answers ]

When my husband passed away Jan, 2000 there was no will and there was no probate needed as all assets were jointly owned or I was the beneficiary. I recently found 14 stock certificates that are appox 30 yrs old. My problem is 1 of the 14 is only in my husbands name, the others are joint...

Is a "Government Tracer" job a scam or what? [ 6 Answers ]

http://www.miprefunds.net/ Can you please tell me if this job is legitimate or if it is some sort of scam. Also is it true that this job is "easy" or are there some sort of pitafalls or things they are not revealing? Thanks.

View more questions Search