Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13ecca Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Sep 9, 2009, 01:16 PM
    Painfull finger.
    I was at the farm today when it happened. My horse was tied up and had her head down eating. I was brushing her mane at the top of her neck when she got her head stuck under the lead rop, so she shot her head up and I still has my middle finger there. The lead rope shortened and squished my finger.
    I hurt a little when I did it but it's agonising now.
    It's swolen everywhere but its around my middle joint where it hurts. When I press it its very squishy. It is agonising to touch and my finger is constantly bent, I can't straighten it and can only bend it very slightly at the top where my finger pad is. The simplest of tasks really hurt.
    Do you think it could be broken? Or could it just be a very bad sprain?
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Sep 9, 2009, 01:57 PM

Hi,

It very well could be broken. To clarify, the rope basically tightened up and crushed your finger at the middle joint? It is not a typical sprain or strain type of injury. We call it a crushing injury.

You should get this checked out at the ER. They will most likely x-ray it and then put it in a simple brace to stabilize it. It looks like a flat piece of metal wrapped around the finger.

Please let us know how you're doing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sneezing is painfull [ 8 Answers ]

I would have posted this on my preveious post about my current illness... however it's a commpletely difrent issue so I thought it better to keep it separate. Some of you already know. For about a week now, I have had SOMETHING wrong with my sinus'. I have an appt tomorrow to deturmine if...

Painfull periods [ 3 Answers ]

I am use to having my period for 5 days but for last month and this period I'm going into my 8 day and I am having some heavy and painful blood clots. What can be the cause of this

Painfull boobs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I don't have periods haven't since I had my first child six years ago and now I have been told I have polysistic ovarys now I have had back ach and very bad boob ache I canrt bare to touch them or lie on them thy are hurting so much but I have had negative tests for three weeks with my two other...

Painfull premolars [ 2 Answers ]

When I eat meaty foods like beef, pork and chicken, I feel a lot of pain :( in my premolars (teeth and gums) the next day or two. Its awfull, I can't eat well. Is there any medicine for this?

View more questions Search