Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jolofree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 05:30 PM
    GE refrigerator water dispenser quit working
    I have a 20yr old GE refrigerator model #TFX24RLB, the water through the freezer door dispenser quit working, I replaced the water control valve in the back of the refrigerator and the electric water control switch in the freezer door but still no water comes out, the ice maker still works OK, the water lines are not frozen. Reading some places on-line suggests maybe the control board is bad but I'm not sure this old unit has one of those. Any suggestions? Thanks, JL
    bustedfrige Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 05:24 AM

This is a common problem with GE refrigerators. My waterline froze as well so I purchased the $30 part and fixed it in 15 minutes. I noticed a lot of people having the same issue so I detailed the symptoms, part and fix on by blog. Read about it here

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE refrigerator water dispenser [ 25 Answers ]

I was searching your site for answers to my GE side by side refrigerator water dispenser. The line freezes in the door just like many of the ones I have read here. I have heard GE has replaced some doors for people and I have heard they now have a heater for the dispenser. I don't know what the...

GE Refrigerator water dispenser intermittently working [ 229 Answers ]

I have a GE side-by-side refrigerator with a ice maker and water dispenser. In the last 3-4 months the water dispenser shuts off intermittently, but comes back to life on its own. I have changed the water filter as well as cleaned the water line, but haven't been able to identify the problem. The...

Refrigerator Kenmore Coldspot No water coming out of water dispenser [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore Coldspot refrigerator Feb 99 Model 57562792 – there’s no water coming out of the water dispenser, however it is making ice. The lines are not clogged. There is a small unit in the lower corner in the back where the main water line goes into. There are two waters lines coming out of it -...

Hooking up water line to refrigerator for ice maker and water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

Here is my problem, I just bought a refrigerator that has an ice maker and water dispenser which by the way is a Haier PRCS25. I then purchased an ice maker kit from the hardware which came with a self piercing saddle valve. From here I connected the valve to a 3/4" copper cold line pipe...

View more questions Search