Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IronMantis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Grants for Martial Arts?
    Hi, I have been training martial arts now very heavily for the past 3 years. I have received my 1st degree blackbelt, and have been promoted to an assistant instructor in about half the time it takes just to get your basic black belt. Unfortunately the title assistant instructor does not pay. It's more like a step in the right direction, and you get more info and insight into the system. To continue to excel at this rate, it is nearly impossible to make enough money for both rent, bills, and school. I also have a little girl, and that's not cheap either. I am hoping with my dedication and achievements, that there might be some type of grant out there that could help me to finish my certification in this particular martial system allowing me to then of course have a productive career with it as well. Any help, advice, and information on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2009, 02:34 AM
    Hi, IronMantis!

You've already been trained and educated in the martial arts. Is that correct?

Thanks!
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2009, 05:37 AM
    Here's a few tips that may be of assistance. Good luck

How to Become a Martial Arts Instructor - wikiHow

I can't help on the grants, sorry
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Hi, parttime!

Hopefully, IronMantis will return to this thread.

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 03:39 PM

Why is your position not paying if you are working for the studio ?

But in general you find ways to earn money and pay your bills. Perhaps other studios would be willing to pay you to teach
    ananghamdy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 11:09 PM
    I wish to help you

My question:

Description of Martial Arts 'SILAT MENGONGMANGENG” (SM2)

SM2 is a name of a typical martial arts that originally made by two people of Lombok Island namely the late Mr Ali Murtado [AM] and Mr Anang Hamdy [AH]. SM2 is a special type of martial arts that used to fight free, not for a game in the arena.
    There are many types of Silats in Indonesia. Silat is not exactly the same as the Pencak Silat [Dance Silat]. SM2 is one of Silats that available in Indonesia. There is no lesson “to fend off blows or kicks” in SM2 Martial Arts; it focuses on “HOW TO ATTACK”, not “how to fend”.
    AM is the first man who made the SM2 traditionally [Hands Martial Arts]; AH [student of AM] is the second man who made the SM2 modernly [Hands Martial Arts]; AH has tried the efforts to perfect SM2 by creating the basic lesson that is easy to be learnt by new students. In addition to that, AH also made “Sword Martial Arts” by himself. Both, Martial Arts mentioned above, have a Main Principle, namely “HOW TO TURN OFF THE OPPONENT'S ATTACKS”.

I am Anang Hamdy in need of Business Partners who can support my idea in making a martial arts films (as Training Center); and I am seeking fund aid to make this film, titled SMASH 001, or to teach the youths “Martial Arts SM2” mentally and physically, so that the youths become GOOD YOUNG GENERATION, not become CRIMINALS.

Writer: Anang Hamdy, ph +62 370 630359 & email [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants to Study Martial Arts [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get a Grant to study Martial Arts as a career and start my own school?

Martial Arts [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for the title of a martial arts movie where the main character is training(always in track suit) and travelling around the world(with his trainers) to accept all challenges. His rivals fear his techniques with his feet, but he is equally skilled with his feet. The storyline takes place...

Martial arts [ 1 Answers ]

I'm starting a martial arts class soon and I have long hair for a guy, but not long enough to pull back of anything. It still get in my face when I am fighting though and it leaves me blinded until I fix it. Do you know of any ways to keep my hair out of my face without getting it cut? Its ...

Martial Arts [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get scholarship for martial arts. I'm trained artist for more than 15 years

Martial arts [ 1 Answers ]

Wich form of martial arts is most effective in strikeing with hands and teaches the student hand speed,accuracy, agility,and stress speed. If there is not such form of martial arts would the reader please tell me wich form of martails arts would suit me best. Also would you tell me the best way to...

View more questions Search