Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curious_mind Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 11:02 AM
    The necessity to integrate Sales and Marketing.
    Hello everyone, greetings.
    Well, much information is available ditinguishing Sales and Marketing. Everyone who is acquainted with Marketing would know the Sales is a part of Marketing. There're numerous definitions available of both the concepts. I'm specifically looking for the answer of this question " How is Sales Management a part of Marketing? " & I'd be grateful if I could get this answered.

Thanking you in anticipation,
    Abhi, 23/m/India.
    Mortalsfool Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2009, 12:13 PM

Marketing is the 'plan' to be used. Sales Management insures that the best methods of presentation [as outlined in the Marketing Plan], and the salesmenlike attitudes of those representing the products is applied. Without precise understanding of how to 'sell' the product, 'the plans' can't be effectual. The Marketing Plan sits on a desk; the Sales Management deals with those responsible for marketing the product.
    curious_mind Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 11:43 PM

Thank you for the succinct and brilliant answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chance and Necessity [ 6 Answers ]

Could physical constants like the speed of light be different? If they could be different they are contingent, i.e. their value depends on unknown factors. But what are these factors? If they could not be different they are necessary. But what makes them necessary? In either case we are...

Sales and marketing department [ 2 Answers ]

Project: My company has developed a product that is guaranteed to be successful in any country that has a substantial population. The sales and marketing department would like you to do some research and find out what countries would be the most ideal markets for your new product. 750 words...

ISP marketing/sales [ 5 Answers ]

I am entering into ISP sales with some sales experience, but in other areas, does anyone have any good websites or books that they know about on this subject? It would be appreciated! :)

Business plan. Its necessity [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, guys!! Can you tell me if it is necessary to make a business plan if you aren't going to attract investors and run a small business? Thank you!

View more questions Search