Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bunny06 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 10:18 AM
    Biomass of a plant!
    THIS IS MY HOMEWORK QUESTION,I NEED HELP!!
    A plant in a pot of soil weighed 1.4kg.the plant when taken out of the pot weighed 450g.the plant was put in an oven until all of its water was removed.when it was taken out of the oven the plant weighed 270g.
    What was the biomass?explain the answer please!! :s

PLEASE HELP ME!!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 10:49 AM

First of all, you need to know what is biomass. Biomass is the mass of the dry matter of the plant. Can you do it now? :)

Sep 11, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    First of all, you need to know what is biomass. Biomass is the mass of the dry matter of the plant. Can you do it now? :)

Wtff?

Sep 11, 2009, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post

But thank you...
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2009, 12:48 PM

Quote Originally Posted by bunny06
    Wtff??
    Hey, why are you being rude :mad: I tried to help, you know? I'm not even supposed to answer your homework question in the first place. Learn to read the rules when you go in a forum before posting something.

Sep 12, 2009, 03:18 AM

Sorry I'm really grateful,but I just didn't under stand the
    Jerry
    "Music can name the unnammeable... and communicate to the unknowable" Leonard Bernstein.
    "Never, never, never, ever give up" Winston Churchill
    If you miss an opportunity, don't fill your eyes with tears; they will hide you from another opportunity in front of you.

I wasn't being rude
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2009, 10:22 AM

That's my signature, that everyone can have and that will show up on every of my posts. You can also have one, after 48 hours of membership I think.

Sep 12, 2009, 10:24 AM

Oh OK,cool :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is this plant? [ 12 Answers ]

Can anyone please identify this plant? I have no idea how it got into my garden but at over 5ft tall it is taking over...

Plant id. [ 7 Answers ]

Does anybody know who this is? I just got him from the clearance rack and the store only identified him as "model 4.8 tropical." I tried searching Google images, but I don't have much to go on. I want to plant him with a chicken gizzard that I got off the same rack, but I don't know if they like...

What should I plant . [ 3 Answers ]

I have a wonderful patch of empty dirt between my garage and sidewalk and don't know what to put there, last year I tried raspberry canes and blueberries but there wasn't enouph sun and they didn't produce any berries, It is in shade all the time, I was thinking of some pretty flowers and maybe a...

View more questions Search