Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binkilicious Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 03:43 PM
    Age of this dressing table original painted wood
    This is some kind of dressing table. It is a manufactured piece but there is tons of hand work on it. I am sure in its day it was an inexpensive piece. It is pine and the top veneer was coming off. I took off and painted the top to match the rest. The paint is original. And the decorative painting is original. Not decal! Drawers are all had dovetailed and there are no nails in drawers. I love this thing and since it was 15.00 at a yard sale no biggy. Drawer puls are original but 1 missing on top. Back is slats of wood and painted and there is a manufacture # 210 on back.
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 02:57 PM
    Hi, binkilicious!

I would put the age of it as being in the mid 1920's. Of course, seeing it in person would be the best thing to do.

Thanks!
    binkilicious Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 04:21 PM
    Hi clough
    My first inclination was 1920's so I think you are right. An antique sealer friend said about 1910-1920's I am leaning towards 20's

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repairing Wood Table [ 2 Answers ]

My coffee table is 34 years old and has bcome unsteady. The joints and legs are not held together with nails. I thought the best way to fix it would be to turn the table upside down, determine which joints were loose and then use an expanding wood glue (as opposed to regular wood glue that I would...

Painted wood cabinets stained from fireplace [ 5 Answers ]

My kitchen cabinets have become discolored from the fireplace located in the kitchen. What is the best way to remove these stains? The cabinets seem to have a lamenet finish on them and I cannot remove the stains. Thanks :

Displaying/Using Wood Dining Table [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a beautiful dark wood dining table with patchwork inlays. We do NOT want to cover with pads or tablecloths. Is there something equivalent to a gymnasium finish that we could put on the table that would not ruin it but allow us to use it without scratching the surface?

Pizza box on wood coffee table [ 3 Answers ]

Well, as you can tell my the title, we did something stupid - we put a hot pizza box on the coffee table and we have a nice big stain. I've heard a steam iron will work; however, I don't own one. I've also heard toothpaste and ashes work; however, we don't smoke and we don't have a fireplace. ...

View more questions Search