Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    01laststring Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 10:40 AM
    Intertherm a/c not running
    I have a intertherm (electric) funace and a/c unit model t3qc 36k(a/c). The problem is a clicking sound or eletrical pop sound for 5 minutes before it will start and sometimes it will not start at all.I have already called hvac tech and he said that it was my thermostat so I replaced the thermostat and it ran 1 day and the clicking sound again but would not start so I replced the contactor, ran 3 days the clicking sound again would not run replaced the capaciter ran but not a full day came home blower working house hot, clicking sound again so I turned all power off for 2 days got to hot so I turned it on cliking sound for about 5 minutes or so and the a/c starts, but not every time. What am I missing or over looking calling another tech is not the answer.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 7, 2009, 11:16 AM
    First of all you need to find out exactly which part is clicking in the unit. Have someone assist you and be at the unit when they turn it on so you can find exactly where the noise is from. You have done enough guess work and spent enough money already so lets find out exactly what the problem is this time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm [ 1 Answers ]

Where are the reset button located on the inertherm. I know there are 4 please help.

My Compaq Presario 160GB hd running XP is running very slow [ 8 Answers ]

computer is running very slowly in everything, except the internet.anti virus programs and a few anti-spyware programs. Stinger, windows defender, AVG Free, Ad-Aware and spyware Doctor.the computer even restarts randomly by itself! Says Windows has recovered from a serious error. I do not know the...

Intertherm Gas Furnace Age [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out the date of an Intertherm gas furnace in a mobile home. Home is 1981 vintage. It's a 64,000 BTU furnace , Model MBH 080, Date/Code 18881NGL01 Any takers? Its probably the original unit, but I'd just like to be certain. Carrier Blue Book is of no help to...

Intertherm furnace running and then shutting off [ 2 Answers ]

I have Intertherm gas furnace in a Mobile Home. The issue I am having is; furnace starts, pilot is lit, blower starts and runs for approx 1 minute or so then shuts off, it will stay off for a about a minute and then restart. Blower will stay running when in ON mode. I am thinking it is a relay....

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

View more questions Search