Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tyedye_gypsy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 07:39 AM
    Electric water heater lines nightmare
    Hi, I'm new here and need help figuring out what I can do about my plumbing problem. I can't afford a plumber as I lost my job in June, so here goes...

I have a trailer that the prior owner pieced together different types of hoses for both the cold and hot water lines. And when I say different I'm also talking about garden hose (just so you get the idea of how bad this is). I have pvc, lead coming off the water heater, copper, and black flexible hard plastic type in addition to hose clamps running out the yingyang holding it all together... yeah, it's a horrid mess. I just need some guidance on what to do as my hot water hoses keep blowing off at various sites. Not to sound like a helpless female, but I know that's how its coming across. I'm without a clue and don't know where to start to fix this mess. Any ideas and or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gypsy
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2009, 10:31 AM

Just where are the hoses blowing off? At the couplings? The hose itself?

Without photos it's hard to figure out this configuration you have.

How many bathrooms? Do you have a washer?

That gives me a better idea knowing how many feeds you have to contend with.

Also, if you don't know anything about plumbing you could make your situation worse.

Have you consulted with a plumber to get even an estimate on what this will cost to redo properly? I know times are tough, but if this is not done properly you could feasibly make your situation much, much worse and then you'll have water damage which is not good in a mobile home.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2009, 10:36 AM

Post a pic using "go advanced/manage attachments"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water heater installation lines [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Large two story house. I have installed two 30 gal tanks downstairs. The cold water comes into the tank from upstairs (aprox 10' drop), and returns upstairs. When I use hot water the cold pipes on the tanks are as hot as the hot water side. I am in Arizona and the cold water is warm...

What is this in the lines from my water heater? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in the process of replacing my Apollo Hydroswirl water heater. It uses hot water run through a heat exhanger to heat our house as well. Finding this exact heater has been a big challenge already. Anyway, in looking at the piping to get familiar with how it was installed and determone if I...

Do the water lines to a water heater have to be vertical? [ 6 Answers ]

Do the water lines to a water heater have to be vertical? I'm thinking of installing an electric water heater so that the flexible connector lines curve toward the side of the closet, where the CPVC water lines would be. That would let me put a small storage shelf above the water heater. Is...

Replaced electric water heater Atlanta area, but no hot water [ 14 Answers ]

The old water heater died. Bot one (38 gals) at HD. Installed exactly like the old one was as follows--3 CPVC pipes come out of wall. Two are joined. Before they are joined one has a valve. After they are joined there is a second valve. The pipe is connected to the cold side of the heater using...

View more questions Search