Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    serenitynow422 Posts: 49, Reputation: 7

Sep 7, 2009, 01:10 AM
    Getting closer to god
    For a whiles now I've wanted to deeply to get in touch with God again, I lost track of him when I got into high school and I let so many things cloud my mind. And I have so many demons that haunt me. I just want to get these out of me so I can start a new, I will be moving to Australia soon to be with my fiancé. I do not want to burden myself and him with insecurities and demons that I should have let go a long time ago. And yet it seems that I can't, I let them harbor in my heart and at times it gets so bad that all that bad makes me physically ill. I need to tune myself with God and I think that once I am able to do that I can start to heal and become that person that I have been aching to be, I am so close to that but I just can't let go. I need advice from you lovely people on meditation methods possibly or things that I can do for myself to improve. As well I have another question, I was meditating with a mantra recently and suddenly the mantra began to reverberate in my ears, it was the most curious sensation... but I have no idea what it was, does anyone has a clue what that might have been?
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Sep 7, 2009, 03:31 AM
    In an attempt to answer to the second part of your question. The acoustics associated with the area where you were meditating may have something to do with it. The sound reverberating from the walls can enhance a state of meditation.

I think that some ancient cultures deliberately practiced mantras in confined spaces such as caves for this very reason.
    serenitynow422 Posts: 49, Reputation: 7

Sep 7, 2009, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    In an attempt to answer to the second part of your question. The acoustics associated with the area where you were meditating may have something to do with it. The sound reverberating from the walls can enhance a state of meditation.

I think that some ancient cultures deliberately practiced mantras in confined spaces such as caves for this very reason.
    It was a fantastically odd sensation... that might be it, I think I will continue to meditate like that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get closer to her? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay well I know this girl, lilly, and she just moved back here. And her and this other girl lynzie used to go out but now they're just like best friends and they do everything together. Sometimes I ask lilly what she's doing after school and she says 'yea I'm going to lynzie's place and sleepover'...

How can I move her closer? [ 2 Answers ]

My wife is in a PDC allmost 200 miles away and it is very hard on my kids and I to see her. This is the first time she has ever done anything wrong and she is serving 16 to 20 months. There is a PDC 12 miles from my house. What is the proper way to handle this.

Getting closer! [ 1 Answers ]

From our home page: Questions: 102,283, Posts: 480,468, Members: 179,253 Less than 20k left. Who's still in? I haven't seen anything on this in awhile...

Just wanting closer! [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend ended our relationship a couple of days ago by telling me she just wanted to be friends. A month previous to this I tried to distance myself and get space. She wouldn't allow it. She texted me and wouldn't give me the space needed to move on. A week after this, I once again tried...

View more questions Search