Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amithash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2009, 07:53 PM
    Translate english words in sanskrit
    Pl help me finin the meaning of english word passion in sanskrit.:)
    Bill-K Posts: 54, Reputation: 16

Sep 6, 2009, 09:08 PM
    I haven't even tried it, but Wikipedia will surely give you the meaning of the word 'Passion' as used in everyday English. There are two meanings that I am aware of, as an Englishman. In our Christian religion, we refer to "The Passion of the Christ" - which refers to the crucifixion of our Messiah - Jesus Christ.

The second meaning is the Passion that a person feels for a particular person or cause - for instance - equality in Religious Beliefs, Human Rights, love for a particular person, etc.

As we approach another anniversary of '9/11,' I feel aware of another Passion - Religious Belief. Please let us be sincere here. I prefer to believe that the manifold doctrines of the many Religions of this World can eventually be brought together - but perhaps we must be prepared for some pain in this process. We may each need to 'adjust' - and therefore experience some pain.

I could write reams here, as I'm sure that others of all religious persuasions could, also. But - in The End - if we truly listen to our hearts - do we not ALL feel this 'Passion' ? This desire to love one another as individual Human Beings ?

If we are prepared to delve deeply enough - I really do believe that our answers are there already - deep within our souls. To my mind - It's not a matter of 'Who is most quick - or who has got the right answer. I don't believe that any of us knows the answer for sure - we just have our sincerely - held beliefs. We each have a special place for a bunch of guys who will do ANYTHING for us - and anybody who needs us. Some might call them 'The "A" Team. Some might call them the "JLA" - Justice League of America (See 'DC Comics.') Some might just call them 'Jihadists.'

Right or wrong (and that is a separate issue) - we all need our 'Heroes.' We love them with 'a Passion'... and they fight for us with the same Passion.

In the end, though, I believe 'Passion' can be translated into "Love for a Fellow Being."

Just my belief, though - expressed freely, but with utmost respect.
    drkpp Posts: 670, Reputation: 21

Sep 9, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amithash View Post
    pl help me finin the meanin of english word passion in sanskrit.:)
    तीव्रासक्ति [intense desire]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Translate English to Sanskrit [ 15 Answers ]

Can someone please translate the english word "empathy" into sanskrit. Thank you

Need to translate english words into french sentences [ 2 Answers ]

I am english speaking but my son in in french no clue about how to translate thanks Here are the words to be put into proper sentence form Ton Toi Vais

Translate english to sanskrit [ 5 Answers ]

Does any know "Ruby" in sanskrit writing and also "Daniel" in sanskrit writing

Translate english to sanskrit? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if someone could translate "Yesterday is but a dream, tomorrow but a vision. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore, to this day." Into sanskrit:)

Translate buddhist words to sanskrit [ 1 Answers ]

"Anicca, Dukkha, Anatta."... can someone please translate these three buddhist words in sanskrit language?

View more questions Search