Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Balthazar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 08:59 AM
    Maytag performa washer stopped spinning
    The other day I was washing a load of laundry and I heard what I can only describe as a nasty grinding noise coming from my washer. I lifted the lid and noticed that the cloths inside weren't spinning. I checked this by closing the lid, and reopening it every few seconds, and the cloths were in the same spot as they were before. The machine sounds perfectly normal, but it's just not spinning. This washer actually belongs to my roommate who is very miffed at the fact that he now has to buy a new one. However, if I can fix this one, we can save a lot of money. Does anyone know what's wrong? I'm guessing (by reading some of the other posts) that it's the drive belt, but I don't know how to open the washer to check.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2006, 03:26 PM
    The belts on a maytag are on the bottom of the unit You no not have to remove anything to get to them Jus lay an back or side and you will see 2 of them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer stopped spinning [ 11 Answers ]

My Kenmore washer, model# 417.99686210, has stopped spinning. It runs through the rest of the cycle, OK. It still agitates, indicating the motor is OK, but when it comes to the spin cycle, nothing. It fills with water and drains. If anyone can help, that would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Help with non-spinning Kenmore washer [ 6 Answers ]

My washer is only 5-6 years old but just today it stoppedspinning on any cycle. It does everything else, including aggitate during rinse but once rinsing/aggitating is done it just stops. I tried using spin on each other cycle in hopes that would help, but it didn't work. It doesn't smell...

GE washer not spinning [ 3 Answers ]

I have a GE washer that will not engage and spin through it's normal cycle. It completes the cycle, the pump drains all the water but it will not spin. All other parts of the cycle seem OK. L not start again. I would like to look inside but am unsure how to make my way in to this machine. Does the...

Washer Overflows When Spinning [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a washer and dryer, only to find I can't use them yet. Here is my problem: I live in an older house, not sure exaclty how old (it has a coal shoot) and I have had some plumbing problems. My first level toilet sometimes flushes very slooowly, and sometimes very well. My main drain...

View more questions Search