Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhonda23320 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2004, 05:14 AM
    Student loans
    Is there a way to file bankruptcy on student loans?
    Debt_Settlement Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Aug 12, 2004, 09:20 AM
    Student loans
    I'm not a bankruptcy lawyer -- spend the $150 to get the correct answer for your question in your state.

That caveat being said -- in my experience it depends. I have never seen a federally-insured student loan be discharged. I'm not sure about a state government insured loan. A private student loan that is not insured or subsidized could probably be discharged.

If the answer to this question is important, you really should ask a bankruptcy lawyer. If you can't afford one, call your local Legal Aid office and they can probably tell you.

Good luck.
    alexfromKona Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2005, 05:31 PM
    I work with a company that can help you!
    They'll help you consolidate your syudent loans, and may bring the payments down substantially. Two requirements you have to be current, not in default, and no prior consolidations.

If anyone is interested write me at [email protected]

:D
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jul 9, 2005, 05:38 PM
    Please try the sites listed below, if they are not what you are looking for I will try again.

Bankruptcy Law Questions

http://bankruptcy-law.freeadvice.com/

http://www.bankruptcyhome.com/studentloans.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Qualified student loans [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am filling the resident 1040 form and I see a line for student loan interest deduction. Does credit card loans count? I took out some credit card loans while I was on F-1 visa but I paid a lot of interest on those loans last year. Can I take this deduction? Thanks in advance

Car loans [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I bought a 2003 neon back in 2003 and have paid faithfully for three years. We have enough money to pay it off right now and have gone to the finance company to ask what our payoff is. They are telling us that it is still 6600 now we did the math and that is what we would pay if we...

Emergency loans [ 3 Answers ]

Lost my job, unemployment ran out, discharged bankruptcy, drained savings and 401k, being divorced, going through depression. I need a personal loan of some sort or one from an organization that assists those in this type of situation. Of course looking for job as I write this. Help.

Private student loans [ 1 Answers ]

View more questions Search