Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kibss Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2009, 10:34 AM
    My van just locked its rear wheels due to lack of lubricating oil in the differential
    I was driving my van when it just locked its rear wheels.I discovered the differential drain cock wasn't there and it had leaked out all the differential oil.Is there a good chance that when I refill it with the differential oil it will work just fine?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2009, 11:34 AM

Sorry to say this but... Lack of lubrication in precision metal to metal parts spells most certain death. I highly doubt it will survive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nissan frontier rear differential? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000, Nissan, Frontier, XE, 2WD, pickup. I let a friend use my truck while I was deployed overseas; when I got back I noticed a clicking/popping sound in the rear end when I would slowly turn into parking spots. It gradually got worse, starting to whine when I would let off the gas on the...

Rear wheels of Toro mower are locked [ 2 Answers ]

My Toro riding mower is sitting in my yard with the rear wheels locked. The motor will start, the cutting blades will rotate, but the riding mower will not budge, and it cannot be pushed. The rear wheels are frozen! What is wrong?

Riding Mower Rear Wheels Will Not Turn [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a used Poulan riding mower. It started up great when purchased, supposedly had been a great mower, just had a flat rear tire. I bought it, patched the tire tube, reattached the tire and thought I was on my way... :rolleyes: It starts up great but the rear wheels will...

I have trouble lubricating sometimes! [ 3 Answers ]

When my man and I are just about to be getting into the mood its hard for me to be lubricated. He either has to go down on me or I have to play with myself. Why can't I just be ready when I'm ready?

View more questions Search