Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peachey Posts: 99, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2009, 08:09 AM
    Worksheet Adjustments
    Hi can anyone please help me with this, I tried the balance sheet but something is wrong to begin with. This is the links but I don't understand. As you can see my Balance Sheet is way off course. I need to do this please tell me what I am doing incorrect. :confused:

Mediafire link password: peachesBUNDA
    Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
    http://lessons.pennfoster.com/pdf/390904.pdf

My working:
    Assets
    Cash... 75,275.27
    Petty Cash... 350.00
    Accounts Receivable... 17,686.44
    Merchandise Inventory... 115,750.00
    Office Supplies... 1,580.00
    Store Supplies... 1,459.15
    Prepaid Insurance... 8,100.00 = 220,200.86
    Fixed Asset
    Land... 75,000.00
    Building... 200,000.00
    Less Accum./ Depr-Building... 20,500.00... 179,500.00
    Store Equipment... 10,275.00
    Less Accum. Depr.-Store Equip... 1,220.00... 9,050.00
    Office Equipment... 13,525.00
    Less Accum. Depr.-Office Equip... 1,850.00... 11,675.00 = 275,225.00
    Total Fixed Asset... = 495,425.86
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2009, 04:06 PM

OK... here's the deal. While I'd love to be able to help with this, there's a few issues.

First, I'm not sure how you know your balance sheet is "off." If it's off from a check figure, it's difficult to say "as you can see" because no we can't see without the check figures.

Second, I glanced through the booklet thing and this is a VERY, VERY long and involved problem. I haven't seen the actual work yet, meaning there's no way to know how many transactions there really are, but it's talking about keeping subsidiaries, and doing payroll (including figuring out the taxes, etc), and just all sorts of stuff. There's just no way that can be anything but a longer, involved problem. The only way anyone can check your balances is to completely work through the entire problem. Keep in mind that even for those of us who know how to do this and find it relatively easy -- it still takes time to actually do the work.

Third, I have no idea where the problem itself is. I tried the other link that was a bunch of .pdf files. But when I tried to open one, not only did it not open, but I ended up with a bunch of popup adds, despite having popups blocked -- and I don't have much intention of puttting up with a site that's just going to throw me a bunch of popup ads. (Especially since one of them started playing a commercial and I had to go track it down to close it.)

Why is your homework at a site with annoying flashing green ads and popups??

I can tell you that your store equipment net is 9055 not 9050, but that's a big 5 off.

Do you have some way to make this easier? Like for instance, other check figures that you already know are correct, or maybe certain entries that you found questionable and could maybe just check those. Just anything.

There is one thing I'll give it... I love that it keeps stressing to do it all manually. Ever since homework got computerized, people are not learning it as well and it's been a bad trend. People learn better when they write things down for themselves. I wish more assignments had that requirement.

Sep 6, 2009, 04:32 PM

Mr. Morgaine300 welcome I got reference check figures and my figures is way overboard, I have the files in my flash drive as pdf but I don't know how to down load it from here. Sorry for the mediafire.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2009, 07:26 PM

Just copy the files onto your computer somewhere - just the desktop is fine. Then to get them up here, go into the advanced mode and into manage attachments. It has the typical Windows "browse" and you can navigate to the files, then hit upload. There's a limit on size so watch out for that - I don't know how big these are.

Sep 7, 2009, 11:11 AM
    Mr morgaine300 I've compressed it, please help me. :confused:
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: zip Copy of Shortcut to Narrative of Transaction 01.zip (491 Bytes, 46 views)
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2009, 08:36 PM

I'm not finding anything in that file. Perhaps you literally just sent a copy of the shortcut, which is not worth anything on anyone else's computer. (Shortcuts give a location of the original and are worthless if the original isn't there.)

Sep 8, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Sorry I believe this is it.
    Attached Files
  3. File Type: zip Shortcut to Narrative of Transaction 01.zip (475 Bytes, 43 views)
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 01:49 PM

Well, I know what part of the problem is. The reason it's not "pointing" to anything when I try to open it is cause it's office 2007, which I don't have. I thought you were using .pdf files. If it's office, you're going to have to do a "save as" and tell it to do office2003. (You should be aware that a great many people do not have 2007. MS just thought it would be fun to completely change what people have been used to for the last 15-20 years and then make it incompatible with everything else.)

Sep 8, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Sorry again OK I saved as 97-2003 document I hope this help. :o
    Attached Files
  5. File Type: zip Shortcut to Narrative of Transaction 001.zip (474 Bytes, 43 views)
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 02:42 PM

Well, we still have a problem, which I think is the original problem I said. When I right-click on it and go into properties (which is giving me info on the thing), I noticed this last time that it had ".docx" on the end of it, which is office 2007. It's good that I noticed that, cause I still don't have 2007.

However, I just saw that and didn't look at it more closely. And I now see that it's still the original problem: you're sending me a shortcut, not a file. And the shortcut is trying to go to "K:\narrative of transaction\Narrative of Transaction 001.doc" That's where the shortcut points to, so it's trying to find a folder called "narrative of transaction" on drive K. I do have a drive K, but that folder isn't there cause it's my computer and not yours. Looks like that's where you've got it on your computer.

But you keep sending a shortcut to it, and not the file itself.

My suspicions are that you have a shortcut either on your desktop or in My Documents or some place. And you think that's the actual file and are trying to send that to me, when in reality that isn't the file. A shortcut isn't something that exists. That would be like being in the catelog for the library and sending me a screenprint that says this book is 943.71 (which tells you where in the library it is), instead of sending me the actual book.

Sep 8, 2009, 03:59 PM
    I believe this is it, or I hope so. :o
    Attached Files
  7. File Type: zip NARRATIVE OF TRANSACTIONS.zip (465 Bytes, 41 views)
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 06:22 PM

Nope. It's still showing as just a shortcut. I just installed WinZip to see if I could find something different than Windows itself is showing. Under "type" it says shortcut. But the file name has a .lnk extension. I'm not sure what that's supposed to be. And the properties on the shortcut are still pointing it to the K drive.

Where are you getting this from? And what are you doing to it?

Sep 9, 2009, 06:50 AM
    I don't know why this is happening, so I did it over again I hope this work. :o
    Attached Files
  9. File Type: zip Shortcut to NARRATIVE OF TRANSACTION 01.zip (583 Bytes, 41 views)
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2009, 01:27 PM

Look at your post at the attached files. Do you see where it says "Shortcut"? All you keep sending is the shortcut to the file, but not the file itself. It's now pointing to "C:\Documents&Settings\Admin\MyDocuments." Meaning you seem to have moved (or copied) the file off the K drive and into My Documents. However, you're still not sending the file itself -- only the shortcut to it.

Which is telling me that one of two things is going on here:
    1) That something very, very strange is happening that I wouldn't know how to explain without maybe seeing it.
    2) You don't know the different between an actual file and a pointer to a file. I'm guessing this one.
    3) A combination of the two. (I keep seeing something with a .lnk extension.)

Do you know what a shortcut is? A file is located in some specific place. A lot of times we don't open the file from that location, but rather from a shortcut, or the documents from the start menu, or something like that. There are numerous ways we can get to a file, but all they are are pointers to the file and not the file itself. You click on the "pointer" and it follows the path, finds the file, opens it for you, automatically in Word since that's the extension on it. But the thing you're clicking on isn't the file itself, unless of course you really are at the file.

As of right now, this file seems to be in MyDocuments. So go into MyDocuments. Don't go to anything through the Start Menu or Program Files or anything else. Do you have the MyDocuments folder on your desktop? (Actually, the path is showing that you do not.) If that folder isn't there, you are going to have to open either My Computer or Explorer, and follow the path: on the C drive, go into Documents & Settings, then into Admin, then into My Documents. See if the file is in there and send that.

I asked in the last post where you were getting the thing from that you're attempting to send and what exactly you were doing. It might help if you would answer that.

Sep 9, 2009, 02:05 PM
    It were sent on a flash drive together with the study guide from Penn Foster. Since our school teaches us when they want my sister enrolled me to this school to continue learning basic to advance bookkeeping. I begun 1st September 09
    Attached Files
  11. File Type: zip Shortcut to NARRATIVE OF TRANSACTION 01.zip (583 Bytes, 36 views)
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2009, 02:21 AM

It's still just a shortcut, pointing to the same place in My Documents. The Flash drive might explain why I saw drive K. I didn't think you personally had all those partitions.

I'm not sure what exactly you're doing. Somehow you're getting a shortcut of it instead of the actual file, but I don't know what you're doing to do that. (It might help if I knew exactly what you are doing.) Just go to the flash drive and right-click right on the file itself. You can compress it with the Send To - I assume that's what you're doing.

Now, the bad thing is I'm also going to be out of town for a couple of days after tonight. If you ever get it uploaded correctly, someone else could take a look at it, but it sounds kind of long and probably better that one person stick with it. (Whoever that may be.)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2009, 03:20 AM
    Hi, Peachey!

Where is the original file located in your computer that you're trying to upload here, please?

Thanks!

Sep 10, 2009, 06:33 AM

The original is located in my flash drive as K. a pdf files, I tried all manner to send it, with the attachment I can only download 5 files, I am going crazy I really need help.
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2009, 07:27 PM

Hi I'm back. I'm wondering why you changed it to a Word file. I think I'd prefer the originals. The less you mess with it, probably the better chance you have of getting it here.

By downloading 5 files, are you saying that it's hitting the size limitation of what you can attach here? Well, first, that's an upload not a download. Anyway... then just do it in more than one post. Hit the browse on the manage attachments thing, then navigate to your flash drive, and then just point to the file you want. You can do that until you hit their limits. At that point, start a new post and do it again.

How many files is this thing anyway? Something you might want to keep in mind is that looking through those instructions, it looked like something pretty long and involved. If it's too involved, I can't guarantee I'd have time to even do it. So bear that in mind.

Sep 12, 2009, 06:17 AM
    My morgaine300, this is the first five files.
    Attached Images
  13. File Type: pdf bkkpg pg1.pdf (208.1 KB, 162 views)
  14. File Type: pdf bkkpg pg2.pdf (223.3 KB, 261 views)
  15. File Type: pdf bkkpg pg3.pdf (249.0 KB, 201 views)
  16. File Type: pdf bkkpg pg4.pdf (248.6 KB, 183 views)
  17. File Type: pdf bkkpg pg5.pdf (249.0 KB, 138 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Net income on a worksheet [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me why net income is a debit on the income statement columns & a debit in the balance sheet columns of a worksheet? The opposite is true for a net loss. I know WHERE these numbers go, but I don't know WHY. Can you explain?

How do you find the numbers for the adjustments column on a accounting worksheet [ 4 Answers ]

How do you find the numbers for the adjustments column on a accounting worksheet

Worksheet Adjustments Corrections [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! We have tried and tried and we came up with this, I know some of the entries are incorrect and some we can't get out, please someone help us. This is as far as we can reach. Please show the calculations: confused: Enter the prepaid, inventory and accrual adjustments, extend the adjusted...

How to make adjustments on a worksheet [ 1 Answers ]

If fees earned totals $14400 and fees earned but unrecorded and collected at the end of the accounting period are $408, what do I credit and what do I debit?

Adjustments for worksheet [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to do some adjustments and just want to know if I'm doing them right or if things need to be changed... a). Supplies available at end of fiscal year had cost of 3200. Unadjusted supplies is 8900 so I subtracted the two and got a debit to supplies expense for 5700 and credit...

View more questions Search