Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Oct 7, 2009, 10:54 AM
    What about Umar or was it Omar? What became of him? If I recall however vaguely, correctly, he posted result after a year, looked depigged having gone from from dark indian look to a fair palestinian look... but now its been a couple years or more already.. He disappeared too!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    OMG,

I remember that name. That is so sad !! It just goes to show how desperate people can get over this whole lightening business !!
    Yeah the passage on Yahoo was sooooo sad. I pictured her going to the beach back in her country and walking deeper and deeper into the water and getting swallowed up, just over a cosmetic affliction... yep so sad!

Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    And that is the EXACT reason I have posted things on this forum in the past and got abused...
    Now do you guys see where I am coming from...

And stop calling it Mono, Mono is an illness :p
    :D
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Oct 7, 2009, 11:27 AM
    Oh, I remember Omar... he looked quite nice with depigged skin... he was not pasty white but just the right shade of white but he did say that he had vitiligo on his back...

Oct 7, 2009, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8stuff View Post
    Oh, I remember Omar...he looked quite nice with depigged skin...he was not pasty white but just the right shade of white but he did say that he had vitiligo on his back...
    Yah, I'm so jealous!

Hope he's still doing great! :)
    DarkSkinGirl Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Oct 7, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    OMG speaking of yahoo brighterskin I was searching there for mono entries a whiles back and someone said some girl SN "Teenypatches" or Tennypatches committed suicide after failed. (Dont get how they'd know, though)

Yikes! RIP Teenypatches!
    Committed suicide after fail? What does this mean?

Oct 7, 2009, 12:33 PM

I don't know, I just googled it again and don't find it, was from a whiles back. Maybe MAHARANI read it or remembers what happened exactly, to poor Teenypatches! :(
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Oct 7, 2009, 03:00 PM

No this is the first that I am hearing of this. The board was very active at one time and then it got really quiet, so I stopped visiting as often. I must have missed when it was brought up.

She has been playing on my mind since you mentioned it and I still can't believe it. Wish there was something someone could have done. I hope she is in a happier place now.

Oct 7, 2009, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkinGirl View Post
    Committed suicide after fail? What does this mean?

From what Golden_Boy has said it appears that she did not achieve her lightening goal and decided she could not go on. So sad...

Oct 7, 2009, 03:37 PM

Yeah like Maharani explained, apparently she gave up and didn't want to live like that. Maybe people made fun of her and so on... SAD.

Ironically, it was mentioned she was on vacation in her country, so that really got to me the melodrama of her returning to her homeland to end it all cause of the patchwork of colors I guess?

That would make for a great posthumous eulogic movie piece!
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2009, 07:15 PM
    Would if nothing happened to her but was caught up in the moment, and now just decided to quit the forums?
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 7, 2009, 08:16 PM

Scary and sad, if true... wow!

Oct 7, 2009, 08:31 PM

What a bloody shame if its true, we're lucky the news reach anybody else in the SL community.

Here's an interesting passage from a book, talking about Michael Jackson's use of Mono

The Odd Body: Mysteries of Our Weird ... - Google Books

Oct 8, 2009, 06:10 AM

They said he could have gone back to his original colour if he wanted to, at anytime, I doubt whether he would have seen this as an option. I think he preferred to look the way he did than go back to having colour.

Oct 8, 2009, 09:28 AM

^ Yeah sad sad, apparently she or he chose DEATH over going through the process in reverse :(
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Oct 8, 2009, 07:03 PM

I'm quite positive that Michael Jackson was neither a transsexual nor a female..

Oct 8, 2009, 09:34 PM
    ^ Oops I had my glasses off when I posted that, I read she and assumed they were talking about Teenypatches not MJ, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    Yeah like Maharani explained, apparently she gave up and didnt want to live like that. Maybe people made fun of her and so on... SAD.

Ironically, it was mentioned she was on vacation in her country, so that really got to me the melodrama of her returning to her homeland to end it all cause of the patchwork of colors I guess?

That would make for a great posthumous eulogic movie piece!
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 12:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilgreg1 View Post
    I'm quite positive that Michael Jackson was neither a transsexual nor a female..
    I know that Michael Jackson was straight, he was different and soft spoken. But his whole family are that way, I used to be sooo in love with MJ when I was a kid. I swore I was going to marry him when I grew up...

I tried searching for "Teenypatches" in Google but could find nothing, anyone has the link?

Oct 9, 2009, 12:36 AM

Didn't he marry his derm?

Re Teenypatches - Can't find it. Yahoo! Groups Someone deleted EVERYTHING!!

It was just like 1 or 2 single messages on there, apparently friend of hers posted that she found from her mom contacting people in her computer, or book, I think? Everyone on there was talking about it for a while. Too bad nothing from there was saved or archived.

Saddest story I ever read
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 12:56 AM
    Well, I hope she went to get help, as that had became a sickness and unhealthy obsession for her if this did happen.

Oct 9, 2009, 02:09 AM

Maybe some people feel like they're a white "person" inside?

Souls have no color but yeahh obsessions are plenty abound.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 02:24 AM
    Hi, Super Shallow!

Has your original question been answered to your satisfaction here, please?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

XP updates [ 2 Answers ]

My comp. will not load update kb898461, or WMP 11. Any ideas?

Updates [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: I woke up to an icon that told me I needed to update something to do with Logiteck. K. That could be my mouse or my cam, or maybe even something else. So, I did it. How would I even determine IF the update request came from Logiteck? Could it be a trojan horse? Could it be from...

View more questions Search